Author Topic: can anybody help me  (Read 10959 times)

angi_

Re:can anybody help me
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2004, 06:35:43 PM »
ok thanxs alot   ;D

angi_

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2004, 08:26:28 AM »
ok i turned on this morning and grrrrrrrrrrrr   it booted when i pressed my name just b4 the welcome screen then again after that!went to chk disk gave a volume serial number said a couple of things first allocation units werent valid then came up with a big list saying first allocation units werent valid then sorted them and was ok????  any ideas plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

galooma

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2004, 08:29:34 AM »
can you check if those files that you moved have been re-created when you re-booted?

angi_

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2004, 10:09:10 AM »
hmmm  i switched on this morning and grrrrrrrrrr  it siwtched off lol   it did a chk disk thing  and came up with first allocation units not valid   any ideas????

angi_

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2004, 10:10:11 AM »
soory didnt see reply i will try now :-[

angi_

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2004, 10:12:43 AM »
ok they are not showing up on hijack this as being there any more any ideas?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2004, 10:22:05 AM »
Allocation errors can be caused by many things. Damage OS, bad motherboard, bad cable, bad harddrive and such. I suggest you get the drive diagnostic utillity from the manufacturer and test the drive to start with.

angi_

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2004, 08:10:27 AM »
ok i did that and it says my drive is fine went to pcpitstop and checked other things too and they were all fine but it did it again this morning? i know i pron shouldnt ask here just not sure where else to?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2004, 01:40:49 PM »
Allocation errors are many times caused by hardware issues. Sometimes a faulty OS or a bad dirver is is the cause. I suggest you repair them, if you have not done so already, with a disk util like Norton Diskdoctor. Make sure you create backups of important data on a regular base, just to prevent you loosing it when it really goes wrong. HERE is a nice explanation on how HD's work which you may want to read in the mean time. Keep an eye on the problem and if it keeps comming back, start a new thread in "off-topic" since this is not Avast or virus related.

Good luck.