Author Topic: Avast May I Do This to get more webRep Users?  (Read 1510 times)

mommy

Avast May I Do This to get more webRep Users?
« on: May 05, 2011, 08:50:06 PM »
Hello Avast! May i upload the Webrep file for google chrome on my website so non avast users that use chrome can vote on websites? It would help a lot of website get more votes faster!  ;D So Since you avast people made it.. i need your permission to do this

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast May I Do This to get more webRep Users?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 09:49:35 PM »
The whole idea of it being an integral part of avast is so that it is for avast community, so I would say that isn't their intention or they would have made it available as a standalone add-on.

In its current state the add-on can't be updated outside of avast, see image, in firefox, there are no Options or Remove button and no Find updates, etc (I guess this would be the same in Chrome). Any update to the webrep is done through avast.

When other functionality is added to it, such as info from the virus labs, etc. that too may only be available for those with avast installed. So in isolation I don't believe it will bring much and rather than promote avast could do the opposite.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.870) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security