Author Topic: Attention: Nesivos  (Read 7914 times)

Nikilet

Re: Attention: Nesivos
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 11:37:05 PM »
DriverView shows it as dump_iastor.sys

Device Manager shows it as iastor.sys

So now where does that leave me?

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher
Version: 6.2.0.2002    10/11/2006

I'm going to say, though, that I am very leary of messing with my drivers because I have gotten in trouble every time I've ever done it. I have DriverMax, but I just don't use it anymore because of that. I've done much reading on drivers and it appears that if a driver isn't causing you any problems it's best to leave it alone. This driver wasn't really causing me any problems. It just came up in this DriverView and I questioned it because there was so little info given.

DriverView shows it with this dump in front, but in Device Manager, and as it is shown in C drive, it does not have that in the description.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:44:41 AM by Nikilet »

doktornotor

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 06:16:20 AM »
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher
Version: 6.2.0.2002    10/11/2006

So, you think that MS signs malware with their WHQL certified drivers signature, or what exactly is the "issue" here? Have you seen any AV to detect the driver as malware (see Virustotal)?

My suggestion is to leave the file alone and move on, there is nothing wrong with it.

P.S. Oh, and avoid stuff like DriverMax or anything similar like plague. These utilities are just trying to lure you into paying for their unrestricted versions which are equally useless, with quality rating anywhere between broken s**t and utter crap - and likely to render your system unusable.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:19:54 AM by doktornotor »

Nikilet

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 06:34:27 AM »
I just completed full scans with Avast, SAS and then MBAM. No problems found. I thank everyone very much for their help and input.