Author Topic: Also having mail problems  (Read 2530 times)

fire

Also having mail problems
« on: March 21, 2011, 11:36:27 PM »
I use AOL and this afternoon when attempting to open e-mail a pop up warned me that avast network shield has blocked a harmful site,,

uac.advertising.com/wrapper/aceuac.js

I even get this warning if I have no e-mails pending but click on my mailbox icon in AOL.

I ran a full system virus scan and a malware scan with negative results. I've seen others posting here with basically the same problem, but like I've already stated I'm getting the warning simply by clicking on an empty mail box.

Windows 7

doktornotor

fire

Re: Also having mail problems
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 11:41:05 PM »
Thanks, one thing I noticed right after posting my initial message was I went to my Yahoo mail account and the warning didn't appear when I opened my mail. I'm just curious as to why the warning pops up with no mail in my AOL mail box when I click on it. Please understand I'm computer illiterate. Knowing avast I'm sure this will all be corrected in a timely fashion.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 11:46:49 PM by fire »

doktornotor

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 01:15:10 AM »
Because there's some shitty advert on the page. Update the virus definitions via GUI and move on.

fire

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 02:10:30 AM »
Many thanks to the whole team. Please delete this thread if you want to. Updated definitions and everythings back to normal. :)