Author Topic: avast 4 wont let me connet to the internet  (Read 2418 times)

mexcamaro69

avast 4 wont let me connet to the internet
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:56:11 PM »
Hello everybody
I'm not new to avast in fact love this program, so when i got my new laptop i put it in but it wont let me use the internet. i can update all my software programs but i cant use i.e or chrome. right now I'm using the realplayer browser it would let me surf the internet also i disabled the windows firewall and it worked but then the next day i couldn't go on-line. so can anybody help me out plz

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: avast 4 wont let me connet to the internet
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 12:01:51 AM »
what's your OS and avast version? (+ free/pro or is?)

Mr.Agent

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 12:47:21 AM »
If it is really the version you say in your thread "avast 4" then i suggest you to upgrade to avast! 6 (Free, Pro, IS) via the website his self and install it.

If you want help/question for it then feel free to ask about the new version. ;)

mexcamaro69

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:36:23 AM »
hey thanks guys for replying.first of all i have windows 7. 2nd i first had this problem when i had the new version (free) so i decided to change back to my old one i have on my old computer. but like i said before i cant get online

Daris

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 09:06:36 AM »
I would download the Avast Uninstall Utility tool from the Avast.com site..

Download aswclear.exe on your desktop
Start Windows in Safe Mode
Open (execute) the uninstall utility
If you installed avast! in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!)
Click REMOVE
Restart your computer

Than I would install the new version of Avast 6

If you had any other Anti Virus Software previously before Avast, I would download their Uninstall Utility tool also..

Keep us updated and let us know how things go.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 09:20:13 AM »
I would download the Avast Uninstall Utility tool from the Avast.com site..

Download aswclear.exe on your desktop
Start Windows in Safe Mode
Open (execute) the uninstall utility
If you installed avast! in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!)
Click REMOVE
Restart your computer

Than I would install the new version of Avast 6

If you had any other Anti Virus Software previously before Avast, I would download their Uninstall Utility tool also..

Keep us updated and let us know how things go.
That is not how you remove avast, delet normally from within add remove programs then reboot and run ccleaner, you only use the uninstall utility if you have trouble removing avast.

Daris

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 09:42:20 AM »
I am understanding  that he has version 4 and the new version 6 also.. and his computer isn't getting on the internet..By reading his "second post"...A clean install is what I would do...Also I am guessing that he did use the add remove programs and that this didn't seem to work by reading his second post..So In my opinion I would do a clean install..If the add remove programs did work... than disregard the "Avast Uninstall Utility Tool"..
  If there is any other issue let us know, and keep us updated....
  Cheers!!!! and safe surfing!!!