Author Topic: win32-Agent-IZJ detected  (Read 6765 times)

Ravishankar

win32-Agent-IZJ detected
« on: May 20, 2011, 05:00:11 PM »
Hello,

I bought Internet version of Avast few months ago. 3-4 days ago, it reported Win32-Agent-IZJ is detected. I am unable to highlight it and choose delete it. When I click on it in the summary, the button "Apply" should become active but it stays grayed.

I then proceeded to surf the net and see any information available on manual removal. There is some info on Kaspersky site and thought I might give it a try. I cannot install it because it first wants to remove Avast, which I don't want to do. But, on other hand, Avast doesn't seem to get rid of it. I am posting message here hoping someone from Avast will help, or else I might have to bite the bullet and remove Avast and buy Kaspersky.

The system in question is a Windows 7 64-bit machine. I bought the Avast internet version few months back (less than a year)

Any help in removing this Trojan is most appreciated.

Regards
Ravi

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: win32-Agent-IZJ detected
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 07:04:14 PM »
welcome to the the forum.

i suggest sens avast is detection the infection but can't delete it do a boot scan and send any infection it finds to the chest instead of deleting it.

also do a scan with malwarebytes animalware. to be on the safe side.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

download install. update and do a scan don't forget to remove what it finds. if asking for a reboot of your system let it do so.

a few step you could begin with.

good luck and let us know on the progress or if you need more support.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: win32-Agent-IZJ detected
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 07:13:01 PM »
I bought Internet version of Avast few months ago. 3-4 days ago, it reported Win32-Agent-IZJ is detected. I am unable to highlight it and choose delete it. When I click on it in the summary, the button "Apply" should become active but it stays grayed.
what type of scan is this ?
is it a custom scan ?