Author Topic: win32:Agent AMZU trojan on youtube....  (Read 2094 times)

com155

win32:Agent AMZU trojan on youtube....
« on: June 25, 2011, 05:55:36 AM »
hi,
guys lately yesterday after having seeing a malware on youtube i saw an another one......dont ask me reveal the site address....as this malware is a genuine malware though avast! detects it as win32:Agent AMZU .....this is a nasty trojan....yesterday while i was searching the malcode database i found this youtube malware i decided to use my host pc to do this.....the pc that nobody uses....not my laptop which i use for day to day stuff.....ok......i went there.....nice.....the site was promptly blocked by avast! web shield.....infection:win32:Agent AMZU......Hmmmmm.....looks like a trojan....yup its though a trojan ....to see what it does i uninstalled avast! from the host pc and went there....wow! that was epic that was really epic.....lovely BSOD......he!he!he!.....not enough when the pc rebooted i saw redirection on the internet and also saw some nasty adware....my homepage changed to google.gr.....i think it is google.com.....Hmmm.....smart malware a normal user wont see the .gr after google and hence will try to search and will get redirected.....but the pages to which this malware were redirecting me too were also infected...funny huh!.....so this trojan wants to load the pc with all the amount of malware it can...wow!.....then can we call it a trojan downloader....no cozz it tries to load but if know the infection and dont surf the net no mor malware just the trojan and adware.....wow! this malware is very smart!!!....good going bad guys!!!!!.....however i have now cleaned up my host pc....as i said to watch videos and surf the web i use my laptop.....not the host pc just used it for testing u know.....stay protected with avast! antivirus..

regards,
com155

Domz

Re: win32:Agent AMZU trojan on youtube....
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 06:27:11 AM »
Sorry but this is a little difficult to follow but are you saying you got the original agent from YouTube?

com155

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 06:30:34 AM »
sorry,but this site where the malware was hosted was not the orginal youtube site but just a fake site...

scottperez

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 01:09:18 PM »
may be it was a look alike website or clone of youtube, youtube itself cant host malicious files on their servers  ??? i know that they're not totally secure and have been under cross site scripting attacks in the past, but it can't be compromised to such an extent !