Author Topic: Cant get rid of trojan!!  (Read 9215 times)

absntmind

Cant get rid of trojan!!
« on: July 13, 2003, 08:30:00 AM »
I ran the system check and it found "Win32:Trojan-gen{UPX!}and {Other}.I chose to delete the files, restarted the comp., and ran the check again. It said i was clean. That was about 4 days ago. I ran the check today and it found the same trojan(s). I dont think it is getting all of the virus out . What can i do! What files do i need to look for and delete! Something!

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re:Cant get rid of trojan!!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 09:44:04 AM »
Hm,  you use the Avast Monitor(realtimescanner?). You should be able to delete them in Windows safe mode.
You may have some open shares on your PC, so they allways come back. To answer that, you could try to identify the reported Viruses by using this link: http://www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html
To see, if you have open shaeres, you can use this Link:  https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
MfG Ralf

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 11:00:51 AM »
What were the exact locations and filenames of the viruses detected? What operating system are you using?

YaBB

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 07:38:34 PM »
 :'( :'(

Hey Guys
Ive got the same problem. When I run avast home anti' virus it comes up with the virus of Win32:Trojan-gen. {Other}. I dont know what to do. I just cant seem to get rid of it. I have found a program to get rid of most of the problems that it causes. (By cutting the links in program files, so that you are unable to access any of your programs) but still I cant get rid of this Trojan. P

Please help me

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 10:06:33 PM »
You should be able to delete the file in safe mode, or rename the file and restart  your computer.
MfG Ralf

YaBB

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2003, 11:49:18 AM »
Dude that you so much, you saved my dissertation. What you said worked, it was so easy to deleat the files in safe mode.

absntmind

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2003, 05:12:13 AM »
Thanks for trying to help. I should have worded it better. Im running win.98 on a laptop, and id like to know what type of files to look for(or in) to try and find it manually. My computer is still acting funny.

whocares

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 11:30:49 AM »
Hi,

you should answer igor's questions, follow raman's suggestions, then you might find a specific name and matching trojan description..
Otherwise, nobody can tell you more about this  "generic trojan alert.."

absntmind

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2003, 12:13:06 AM »
Thanks so much for trying to help with what little info i gave you all  :).  I found the problem. Just copied part of the article that helped me on the thread "trojan droppers?".