Author Topic: Resolved: How do I bring back the Webrep icon on my top toolbar  (Read 2234 times)

Diddy

Resolved: How do I bring back the Webrep icon on my top toolbar
« on: November 27, 2011, 08:57:00 AM »
HI I was just wondering if I could please ask a question.

I recently installed Firefox 8.0.1 on my Desktop and tonight I just realized that the Webrep icon is now longer on my top toolbar next to the Url Bar.

When I clik on the extra protection tab it pulls down revealing Webrep when I click on the Webrep icon it shows the current browsers that are installed on my computer also it says uninstall WebRep next to Firefox and Internet Explorer.

What I would like to now is how can I get Webrep to show back up on my top toolbar?

I should also mention that when I click on Toolbars under View their is no Webrep under toolbars any longer.

Some imfo that be helpful:
Windows Vista home Basic
Firefox: 8.0.1 - Default Browser
Intermediate computer user

Thanks have a great weekend

Thanks have a great day.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:22:35 AM by Diddy »

iyogisolutions1

Re: How do I bring back the Webrep icon on my top toolbar
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 09:48:09 AM »

When I clik on the extra protection tab it pulls down revealing Webrep when I click on the Webrep icon it shows the current browsers that are installed on my computer also it says uninstall WebRep next to Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Please try this,

Avast UI --> Additional Protection --> Webrep --> Uninstall the webrep by clicking the uninstall link next to Firefox.

Then restart your computer.

After that try to reinstall it in the same way.

Avast UI --> Additional Protection --> Webrep --> install the webrep by clicking the install link next to Firefox.

Again restart the computer and Check it.

Thanks

Same to you :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 10:01:53 AM by iYogisolutions1 »

Diddy

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 11:21:16 AM »
Update I did uninstall WebRep from Firefox and then I restarted my computer after the first restart I reinstalled the WebRep back into Firefox and restarted the computer again after the second restart I went into Firefox and the WebRep icon was not on the top toolbar.  So I clicked on tools and went down to add-ons and clicked and then I went to extentions and clicked on it then a screen comes up with all my installed plug-ins that I have installed in Firefox.  There IO found that some how WebRep for Avast free had be disabled.  So I cliked on Enabled and restarted the firefox browser again.  When firefox went back into the internet the WebRep icon is back on the top toolbar once again.

Thanks for the help.

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »

Thanks for the help.

You are welcome.