Author Topic: Advanced Issue Found - what will happen to my PDFs?  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Ronnie9

Advanced Issue Found - what will happen to my PDFs?
« on: October 02, 2023, 11:21:36 PM »
I'm new to this forum so please let me know if I am posting in the wrong area. thanks.

After scanning my PC. Avast Premium Security displays the following message:

1 advanced issue found
     These are open doors for more advanced threats.  Resolve them now to maximise your security.
!    47 items are prime targets for attack
     Advanced threats could possibly hold these files hostage or steal your private data from them

What happens if I click RESOLVE ALL?.
Does Avast delete these files?  Many of them contain information which is important to me but I do not want a hacker to be able to view them.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 11:40:57 PM by Ronnie9 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • F-Secure user
Re: Advanced Issue Found - what will happen to my PDFs?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 11:37:30 PM »
a new box will popup and i guess it will ask you to buy more avast programs

click and tell us

Offline Ronnie9

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 11:46:32 PM »
Thanks Pondus. 

I'm already heavily invested in Avast so doubt that I would get a message requesting that I need to buy another programme.

I'd rather know what I should expect to happen before I click RESOLVE ALL, rather than after the event.  Especially if the files are to be deleted or otherwise difficult for me to access.

Best, R.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • F-Secure user
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 11:54:50 PM »
There should be a new pop up, asking you are you realy sure you want to do this, are you yes/no or to buy something

I dont use avast so you may wait for someone that have tried this

Offline Dinobot2

• Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2023, 12:14:32 AM »
Is this the third step in a Smart Scan? And No Malware was found in the previous step?

Assuming it is, when I get to the "Advanced issues" stage, those are usually things that try to get me to update from Free to Premium. Last time I ran it there were only three items that do that. If you're already on Premium, I would be curious as to what those Advanced issues are.

Offline MrDJ

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2023, 11:41:18 AM »
I'm new to this forum so please let me know if I am posting in the wrong area. thanks.

After scanning my PC. Avast Premium Security displays the following message:

1 advanced issue found
     These are open doors for more advanced threats.  Resolve them now to maximise your security.
!    47 items are prime targets for attack
     Advanced threats could possibly hold these files hostage or steal your private data from them

Does Avast delete these files?  Many of them contain information which is important to me but I do not want a hacker to be able to view them.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
If i understand you correctly that is just the ransomware sheild protecting unprotected files that you have newly downloaded and saved on your pc.
It wont delete them it will just protect them from any attack from outside.

never tried this but just save a new pdf to desktop or a randon folder. run a scan and it should say its found a new at risk document, click only that one and resolve. then go back to folder and open it. it opens for you but i believe if someone got onto your computer or you got attacked by ransomware they cant get to or change/lock/delete your protected folders/files.

Clevo P502 Laptop i7 3720QM 2.60GHz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 680M, Crucial 512 SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, over 12 years old and still super fast.