Author Topic: sandbox  (Read 1380 times)

Student

sandbox
« on: February 24, 2012, 11:11:04 PM »
I am using windows XP sp1 and lately every time I turn the computer on I get a message suggesting that I start a particular exe file (ipod?) in sandbox mode (which I do). Today when I tried to use the program "Record Now" to save my files, I am now getting a similiar message with regard to the program "Record Now". My Avast (7.0.1407) gives me a message that it has scanned the suspicious file and couldn't find any malware but recommends that I use sandbox just in case. I am doing a quick Avast scan now but so far, it's 91% finished with 0 infected files. I'm afraid to back up my data using a program that Avast is detecting as suspicious. The files are very important and I need to ensure they are safeguarded. Is it okay to back them on a disc? Any suggestions would be appreciated. As you can tell from my message, I am not very computer savy so please be cognizant of when you respond  :)

thanks

Student

Re: sandbox
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 11:26:37 PM »
as a followup to my earlier message...I just completed the quick scan - 0 infections. I rebooted the computerand the Avast message that usually comes up recommending soperating in sandbox, didn't appear. Also, "Record Now" opened without any messages ...am I cured?