Author Topic: avast and slowness in internet  (Read 1954 times)

selen

avast and slowness in internet
« on: February 24, 2012, 03:08:32 PM »
Since few days I have noticed that suddenly  my system has become very slow when I want to surf in the internet...could this problem be related to avast realtime protection? Or to web rep, that in this days doesn't work good? If I try to disable the realtime protection internet is faster...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:38:42 PM by selen »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast and slowness in internet
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 09:56:56 PM »
Of course if you disable the antivirus protection you will release any resource that it use...
We need further info about your system (firewall, security programs, operational system...) to help.
The best things in life are free.

selen

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 09:39:16 PM »
Of course if you disable the antivirus protection you will release any resource that it use...
We need further info about your system (firewall, security programs, operational system...) to help.

I have windows xp and I use the integrate windows firewall. As security program I use only avast

besrml

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 03:52:32 AM »
The same happen to me.
With the update of avast6 to avast 7 i get stuck with the "press  to finish the update/install"; to revolve it  i run awclean and reinstall.
After a time later i notice the slowdown of avast 7, i disable the webrep, cloud update and any related to that, but the slowdown remains.
I was thinking it the webshield and disable it, but remain also. I test disable "file system shield" and the problem go away.
I notice the fss scan a lot of files many times adding a 1 or two second delay upon click made.
By example i have installed devphp to view php files and allways devphp is scanned when i visite a php page in the web

The cache scanning is not working apparently
Fx 10.2
Windows XP Sp3 updt
1024MB
Pentium 3 1200(The same happen with a P4 of 2.400)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:54:55 AM by besrml »

besrml

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 04:00:59 AM »
Why that? after a little of surfing

25/02/2012 23:50:54   *\Dev-PHP2\devphp.exe
  • está limpio

25/02/2012 23:50:55   *\Dev-PHP2\devphp.exe
  • está limpio

25/02/2012 23:50:56   *\Dev-PHP2\devphp.exe
  • está limpio

25/02/2012 23:50:57   *\Dev-PHP2\devphp.exe
  • está limpio

And alot of the same entries, i made a exclusion to that particular  directory and the problem go away.
aparently the problem is related at the for in wich firefox/XP manage the associations to a particular  extensions.

I made an alternate metod to bypass the slowdown, i remove the reference to the php files in my system and remove any reference to devphp, perhaps the problem is in a doble scanning: by the fss and the ws of the php files.
For other system try to make a log  and view a particular entry logging files scanned in the fss and exclude the folder and test it
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:10:29 AM by besrml »