Author Topic: Help with On-Access Scanner Msg  (Read 3000 times)

Breeze530

Help with On-Access Scanner Msg
« on: December 18, 2004, 10:25:34 AM »
I think I've done something wrong setting up Avast! 4.5.  When I'm going from webpage to webpage I keep getting msgs at the bottom of the screen (covering half of it) saying "On-Access Scanner Message" & there are many of them.  What can I do to hide these msgs?   Also, is it necessary to be scanning when I'm just doing things like searching on eBay?  I don't understand this part of the program.
Thanks!

galooma

Re:Help with On-Access Scanner Msg
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 10:32:28 AM »
Hi and welcome
If you feel that you have corrupted your installation  . then go add,remove programs and instead of hitting remove hit repair. this should confirm that everything is ok. if the messages are incorrect then please tell us more

Breeze530

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 11:24:31 AM »
Thanks for responding.  No, I don't think anything is corrupted.  I just need to know what the right settings are to stop thes continual "On-Access Scanner Message" things that list dozens of files when I'm just browsing the net.  I've read the FAQ, help files & done searches & I can't find the answers.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 11:29:22 AM »
The On-Access word tells everything ;)
When you access some file,avast! checks it. Even when you browse webpages,some files are stored into browser cache and avast! checks them.

To hide message you're refering to you need to do the following:
Left click on "a" ball next to the clock,select Standard Shield provider and click Customize... button on the right (if you don't see Standard Shield then click More detail... button below).
Now click on Advanced tab (last one) and uncheck(remove checkmark):
"Show detail info on performed action"

This should do the trick :)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 01:31:29 AM »
Breeze530, to learn (and customize) everything about that messages, you can tweak your avast4.ini file like described in the section [AAVM].

Click 'Settings' on my signature  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Breeze530

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 09:53:04 AM »
Thank you SO MUCH!  That did do the trick.  I couldn't find it anywhere in the FAQ.  It's annoying, kind of like hearing feedback of your own voice when you're on the phone.  
Very helpful!  Thanks again.