Author Topic: Thunderbird can not receive any mails when Avast! is enabled.  (Read 2255 times)

okkybjk

Hi,

I am using the Thunderbird v10.0.2 with Avast! v7.0.1426. But when I checked Scan Inbound/Outbound messages checkboxes, I can not receive any mails. My mail account is working without SSL. Anyway I added my mail domains to SSL accounts menu.
Should I configure something without above options?
Could you help me about that, please?

Thanks in advance.

Okky.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Thunderbird can not receive any mails when Avast! is enabled.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 01:43:23 PM »
If your email accounts in thunderbird don't user SSL/TLS (Security and Authentication = None) then you shouldn't need any entry in the avast SSL Accounts for that account, so the Encryption should also be None.

In the thunderbird accounts you should select Authentication method: = Password, transmitted insecurely.

See - avast! 6.x/7.x: SSL Problems The Mail Shield may not scan some e-mails - see https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=842.  Whilst this refers to avast6 it is the same for avast7.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

thinman24

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 08:54:25 PM »
May I use this thread for my problem?
It is nearly the same with the exception that I use Opera. (11.61 Build 1250; Avast "7.0" "1407")
It started about 4-5 Weeks ago.
Suddenly I could not receive and send emails anymore unless I turn off protection for 10 minutes.
Then all queries to the mail (POP) server are delt with correctly.

I'm not using a secure connection to the server.
It's strange as I had Opera and Avast working together for months.
Both Opera & Avast are on self update so I can't really tell if a new Opera or an Update for Avast was the "initiator" for the Problem.
It's quite annoying though...

Thanks for any info!
Cheers,
Steve

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 10:01:58 PM »
I think that you will need to create a new topic as your problem is different and likely to confuse this topic.
E:\Images\CapturedScreenPrint\forum-new-topic_FreeProSuite.png - Please start a New Topic of your own here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0 (click the New topic button at the top of the page) and we will try and help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security