Author Topic: Strange Logo Appearing On Top Of Desktop.  (Read 1724 times)

ham89

Strange Logo Appearing On Top Of Desktop.
« on: March 25, 2012, 03:15:17 AM »
Hi guys,

I had a bit of a scare with a virus last week and had to do a system restore to get rid of it. Im not even sure how I managed to get it but nevermind. Since then everything has been fine and I have run multiple scans to check everything is now clean. Deleted numerous programs and cleaned up temp folders etc.

Over the last two days however I have twice spotted a strange logo appear in the top right hand corner of my desktop. It is floating over the desktop and not an icon. It can not be clicked and when I checked the task manager I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. It looks like a small speed dial with a red flame around it however I have not been able to find the logo or any similar cases on the internet. Each time it has appeared I have mashed the power button before thinking to take a screenshot. If it comes back I will try catch it first.

When it occurs:

I have recently taken to playing the old game Guild Wars to revisit my childhood a bit. Each time this has occured I have been playing this game and running teamspeak. I believe Chrome has also been open but never on any (what you may consider) unsecured websites. Avast does not warn me of any incoming attack or danger however on the last occasion the windows theme was changed to windows basic and the resolution changed to fit guild wars better (i run dual widescreen's so it can be a little squashed).

Any information would be great however I fear I may be too vague.

Cheers,

Graham

ham89

Re: Strange Logo Appearing On Top Of Desktop.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 05:37:41 PM »
Figured it out and what an idiot i am.....

I managed to force my CPU into turbo mode (TurboV Evo). Haven't used it in that long that I forgot about the logo appearing.

Sorry for wasting 50+ viewers time!  :o

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: Strange Logo Appearing On Top Of Desktop.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 05:40:38 PM »
Sorry for wasting 50+ viewers time!
well the time we waist in here may help someone out there    ;)