Author Topic: Weather station files scanned all the time  (Read 2803 times)

rdunaway62

Weather station files scanned all the time
« on: December 23, 2004, 08:44:24 AM »
Hi All,

I have a weather station set up on my system.  Searching through the forums I couldn't find any information on excluding certain files from being check all the time. My weather station updates files every minute. The files generaly are jpeg file, several text files and CSV files. I can exlude the directory from the scan utility, but when these files are update every minute, the Avast software scans these and reprts them being scanned. I like to know if there is a way to exclude these file completely from the avast software. This process slows down the system quite a bit. It wasn't so noticable before installing.

System info:
AMD athalon 1800+
XP SP2
768 RAM
Weather station is on Com 1
AVAST! 4.5 Home Addition

If there is a way to make it so the Avast tool isn't constantly checking these files when they are update please let me know.

Thank you

--
Ron

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Weather station files scanned all the time
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 10:22:10 AM »
Just add them to Avast's exclusion list.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Weather station files scanned all the time
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 12:44:54 PM »
Because you have your standard shield sensitivity set to High or Custom all created/modified files are scanned.

1. Lowering the sensitivity to normal would avoid that but would lower your protection.

2. As mentioned you could exclude the directory or csv file extensions.

3. You can change the Scan Created/Modified from 'ALL' to 'Only files with selected extension' The default extension set doesn't include the csv or jpg files. You can of course add file extensions to that default set.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security