Author Topic: My Avast Security Status  (Read 3364 times)

dispatcher21

My Avast Security Status
« on: March 22, 2012, 04:50:46 AM »
I have my 5 computers listed on here and one of them shows "Attention" under the security status and the monitor screen has an exclamation point on it.  Avast is fully updatedon this computer and shows that it is secure and the registration is good till next year.  What causes the security status to say Attention?

Edit: Never mind I figuered it out.  It was asleep and when it woke up and updated it self, it was wihtin the 60 minute account update time frame.  It updated and is all good now.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:56:09 AM by dispatcher21 »

SafeSurf

Re: My Avast Security Status
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:34:11 AM »
I'm glad all is fine.  Once in a while things like this will happen and either a reboot or waiting for the next up date will resolve the problem, but it looks like yours is all set.  :D

Joet3006

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 08:33:38 PM »
Hi,

I have the exact same problem, however, you seem to have fixed it. I cannot understand how you did this. My Actual Avast Program says I am secured but the website says attention, which should I believe?

Joe

SirDrexl

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 11:52:54 PM »
Mine isn't getting updated for some reason.  It's showing the security status as "off" for both devices.  It's been a few days, and I think it hasn't updated the status since they were registered.

The definitions are getting updated; it's just not showing this on the website.

SirDrexl

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 01:03:21 AM »
So, it's still not getting updated, but only on one of the computers.

Does anyone know when this information gets sent, and what application does it?  I suspect it could be a firewall setting blocking it, as the other computer that is getting its status updated doesn't have any special firewall (just the built-in Windows firewall).  To be clear, Avast IS getting updated with the latest definitions; it's just not being reflected on the My Avast page.  I leave the affected computer on all the time, so that's not an issue.