Author Topic: avastSvc eats up bandwidth while i run 1 specific program  (Read 1857 times)

Singular1ty

avastSvc eats up bandwidth while i run 1 specific program
« on: June 13, 2012, 08:24:23 PM »
Hi, I have noticed that as soon as I start up Minecraft, a lot of data is being downloaded to my computer. Even idlieing in the main menu, this happens. The instant I close Minecraft, the transfer returns to normal. I have checked this several times, to be sure it wasn't a one-off. Through network tracking programs, I found that it is AvastSvc which immediately starts "downloading" at around 30KB/s, which is easily enough to cripple my connection (my net is very bad), which then makes our whole connection unusable. I can limit how much it's allowed to download per second, but is there a more efficient or better way I can make it stop hogging my bandwidth? Thanks.

Edit: Okay, so I put javaw.exe in the exclusions under Web Shield settings, it turns out that avast was just scanning what java was doing and it counted as an AvastSvc web activity. So it seems it's actually javaw.exe downloading. The network monitor confirms this, as all that data which was previously under AvastSvc is now under javaw. I'm not quite sure what I can do to stop that though, and although it's not really an Avast problem, if anyone has an idea what it could be, I'd appreciate it :).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:08:12 PM by Singular1ty »

tigar

Re: avastSvc eats up bandwidth while i run 1 specific program
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 07:41:24 PM »
If its your first time playing minecraft(or you deleted the resource folder and such) then it is actually downloading the ingame sounds so just let it run for a while and it will be all fine.