Author Topic: MSN Messenger  (Read 4540 times)

Keith Agius

MSN Messenger
« on: September 20, 2003, 03:59:06 PM »
Hi Guys,
Another quicky...now that Avast 4 takes care of messenger programs I wanted to know if I need to fill in the link for the program MSN Messenger uses for virus scanning in its tools/options/messages section?? I tried adding Avast to this field and I got a parameter error. Without it filled in I get a message from MSN Messenger warning me that the file download may contain a virus etc etc. Does Avast 4 automatically scan the file download and should I ingnore the prompt?
Keith

shgoh

Re:MSN Messenger
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2003, 06:06:57 PM »
Hi Guys,
Another quicky...now that Avast 4 takes care of messenger programs I wanted to know if I need to fill in the link for the program MSN Messenger uses for virus scanning in its tools/options/messages section?? I tried adding Avast to this field and I got a parameter error. Without it filled in I get a message from MSN Messenger warning me that the file download may contain a virus etc etc. Does Avast 4 automatically scan the file download and should I ingnore the prompt?
Keith

i think avast will do it automatically and you do not need to configure msn messenger. ;)

shgoh

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2003, 06:10:31 PM »
It monitors the folder where the received and sent files are stored. Whenever the content of the folder changes (a new file appears, a file is modified, etc.), avast! immediately performs a scan. On Windows NT, 2000, and XP operating systems, all the files modified by the communication programs are scanned (even outside of the mentioned folder).

Note: The protection of mIRC program is available on Windows NT, 2000, XP, and 2003 only.

;)

Keith Agius

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 06:22:47 PM »
Thanks guys you are the greatest!  ;D

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2003, 06:54:02 PM »
Just to verify it's working OK you can from time to time check the "last scanned filed" entry for the P2P shield (in the window that appears when you double-click the avast tray icon and select "Details...>>").

It's a relative new feature that may still have some child deseases, you know...  ;)

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.