Author Topic: Email confirmations  (Read 3995 times)

rnorman

Email confirmations
« on: October 24, 2003, 08:32:21 PM »
I'm getting hit quite a lot by Win32:Swen [Wrm] -- five to ten times a day on one email account.

I'd like to have avast just silently delete the offending attachments without having to respond to two dialogs per incident.  I assume it has to do with the confirmation settings but the terms used in the settings descriptions do not suggest which ones to use.  

I'm using Outlook Express and thought I was using the free home edition but it has an expiration date.

I like the program and may upgrade to PRO.
Rob

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:Email confirmations
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 08:57:10 PM »
In Professional version, you can edit the corresponding resident task. By default, it has "Interractive selection" for infected e-mail - but if you wish, you can replace it e.g. by "Delete". (Though of course, it applies to all infected e-mails, not only e.g. Win32:Swen ones).

As for the versions: the free Home version has the Simple User Interface only; you are required to register on our pages and you'll get (for free, only by submitting the form) your serial number.
You can also install the demo version that is "Professional" with a trial period; don't know which is your case.

rnorman

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 09:06:47 PM »
OK so....
I guess I need the professional edition to do what I want?

I'll download the demo and give it a try.

Rob

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 09:26:32 PM »
OK so....
I guess I need the professional edition to do what I want?

I'll download the demo and give it a try.

Rob

You won't regret  ;D
"A fanatic avast! user"  ;)
The best things in life are free.