Author Topic: Share your dumbest pc moment :)  (Read 17731 times)

L4leather

Re:Share your dumbest pc moment :)
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2003, 12:55:00 PM »
LOL

Great to see everyone staying on topic  :P

Soz about the slow reply, between work and holding the baby cos my partner decides ( no sense of timimg at all ) to be ill, it's been a bit hectic.

As for stone tablets... I don't do drugs :)
Yes its XP but I have restore OFF as default (even though I have 140 gig HD I was running outta space, so temporarily no restore .... Sods law of course..Oh well :)  )

ok Serious face on now.
(Screws up face but has difficulty staying serious)

I am using the home edition, IE it's free for non commercial, use. Was issued with a free registration number months ago, although strangley at the start I was told the prog would need re-registered every 3 months, but that has never been requested.

Avast tech support have kindly replied, and tell me I either need to reinstall or get a new key. Guess I will try a reinstall first, assuming I can find the origonal install exe, just hope the uninstall removes any date ref in the registry, which I assume is where the problem lies.

So while I do that I will leave you guys to discuss your wardrobe.

Yours
L4leather
And there was me thinking fdisk backed up your Hd all these years :)

Walker

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2003, 01:00:23 PM »
Hi L4l,

Quick addardenderhamm . oh note then  :)

It might well be worth while downloading a complete new package, there have been a few updates of the last weeks . :) .... especially to my wardrobe !

Good luck
Walker.

L4leather

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2003, 01:12:00 PM »
thx for quick reply..

I am beginning to think you live in here :)

I like your title "Avast evangelist".. Sorta like a holy roller type in a daft hat  I guess :) Is it a well paid position I wonder. Do you give those blood and thunder sermons, where everyone cries and shouts hallehlulah Avast n all that stuff.. ( mind you it is a pretty good program 2 b sure)

addardenderhamm <... I think we had one of those bushes growing in our garden when I was a nipper.

I am not sure if I re-register if it will confuse the system, as obviously I had registered before, so then there would be 2 versions of me.

Will take your suggestion and start with full package,, good idea ... .thx

L4leather

Walker

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2003, 01:22:25 PM »
I like your title "Avast evangelist".. Sorta like a holy roller type in a daft hat  I guess :)

I'm not sure if it's indicative of me finding religion or accumulating years just taking me closer to my maker  ;D :) :( :-\

Is it a well paid position I wonder.

I got the 'hat'... what more could I ask  ::)

so then there would be 2 versions of me.

OH NO... a gaggle of emarald yorkies  :)  . seriously'ish ... shouldn't make any difference, use your old reg number. What was something like 20bc  ??? :)

Now I won't be here fore at least another 5 mins.  ;)

Good luck L4l  ;)

Walker.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2003, 04:37:47 PM »
so then there would be 2 versions of me.

No worries. It can deal with such nasties... You wouldn't believe how many rocket scientists re-register all the time... :P

And don't be harsh on Walker, he's our well-kept baby. ;D
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Walker

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2003, 05:23:26 PM »

Ahhh shucks Vlk .... ain't you sweet  :-*

I bet your also hinting that I'm on the rocket scientist list  ::)

L4leather

LOL @ reregister... who me ;)
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2003, 10:26:42 PM »
Just a quick note to thank you guys for the help, and entertainment.
Oh and the fashion parade as well :)

I am saying nothing incriminating about rocket scientists and reregistering to be sure to be sure, but heck I now have a working virus prog again, and a mighty fine one at that!!

As to how I got there, well... LOL just being my ever cautious self :)
And it worked, so no harm done. Maybe rocket science is a possibilty lol. (NOT)

Now I just have to set the thing off to check 140 gigs of hd (groans inwardly)

I hope things work out with the 22 year old cocktail waitress, but if not give her my email address  ;D

What made me laugh today.

There I was congratulating myself for my forethought, financial wisdom, eco friendliness etc etc.
Why .
Cos after years, today I at last bit the bullet and installed an expensive, low energy, highly cost effective light bulb, in my computer room. Cost... about 10 times more than the usual for a bulb. Billed as capable of operating for ten years

3 seconds later it blew up ROFL

Oh well back to the cheap ones I guess ???

Yours

L4leather

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2003, 10:11:57 PM »
yea the cheap ones
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay