Author Topic: Lots of errors in my scans  (Read 15539 times)

fkj

Lots of errors in my scans
« on: November 09, 2003, 03:36:59 PM »
Hi guys ;D

When I scan my HD I get a lot of errors, which I don't understand. Below is some cut'n'paste from the report file.

Why do I get all these errors? Are the files really corrupted? I havn't noticed anything that didn't work, but a lot af these files are kind of old ;D

~Frank

-----
c:\WINDOWS\TEMP\tm3.rar\ [E] Systemet kan ikke åbne den angivne (110)
c:\WINDOWS\Skrivebord\Drivers'n stuff\viapfd100.exe\ [E] RAR archive is corrupted. (42126)
c:\WINDOWS\Skrivebord\download_expres_sesetup.exe\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
c:\Programmer\IrfanView\Plugins\JPEG2000.dll\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
c:\Programmer\IrfanView\Plugins\Video.dll\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
c:\Programmer\IrfanView\Plugins\Mpg.dll\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
c:\Programmer\Palick Soft\HDD Temperature\HDDTemperature.exe\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
c:\Programmer\Palick Soft\HDD Temperature\HDDTsvc.exe\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
c:\Programmer\Palick Soft\HDD Temperature\RepTool.exe\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
c:\Programmer\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\base\assets0.pk3\med.cfg [E] Der er ikke tilstrækkelig ledig hukommelse til at behandle denne kommando (8)
c:\Programmer\Jext\bin\jre\lib\rt.jar\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF [E] ZIP archive is corrupted. (42125)
c:\Programmer\Jext\bin\jre\lib\jaws.jar\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF [E] ZIP archive is corrupted. (42125)
c:\Programmer\Opera\UnInst\OpUninst.exe\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
c:\Programmer\Opera\Program\Plugins\PlugDef.dll\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
c:\Programmer\Opera\Program\Netscape.exe\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
c:\Programmer\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1\lib\rt.jar\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF [E] ZIP archive is corrupted. (42125)
c:\Programmer\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1\lib\jaws.jar\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF [E] ZIP archive is corrupted. (42125)
c:\Programmer\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1\lib\i18n.jar\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF [E] ZIP archive is corrupted. (42125)
c:\Programmer\Download Express\dep.exe\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
c:\Programmer\Download Express\projectslist.exe\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\AUTOSAVE.CGM\AUTOSAVE [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
(...lots of saved games from Heroes3...)
e:\Skrivebords ROD\iview361.exe\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
e:\Skrivebords ROD\setupmtslite.exe\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
e:\Skrivebords ROD\ow32daen605j.exe\OPUNINST.EXE\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
e:\Skrivebords ROD\ow32daen605j.exe\NETSCAPE.EXE\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
e:\Skrivebords ROD\ow32daen605j.exe\PLUGDEF.DLL\[AsPack] [E] EXE archive is corrupted. (42121)
e:\DVD\ATLANTIS\VIDEO_TS\VTS_07_1.VOB [E] Internal program error. (42003)
e:\DVD\ATLANTIS\VIDEO_TS\VTS_12_1.VOB [E] Internal program error. (42003)
e:\DVD\ATLANTIS\VIDEO_TS\VTS_12_2.VOB [E] Internal program error. (42003)
e:\DVD\ATLANTIS\VIDEO_TS\VTS_12_3.VOB [E] Internal program error. (42003)
e:\DVD\ATLANTIS\VIDEO_TS\VTS_12_4.VOB [E] Internal program error. (42003)
e:\DVD\ATLANTIS\VIDEO_TS\VTS_12_5.VOB [E] Internal program error. (42003)
e:\DVD\ATLANTIS\VIDEO_TS\VTS_13_1.VOB [E] Internal program error. (42003)
-----

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Lots of errors in my scans
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2003, 03:44:53 PM »
What version of avast! and virus database (VPS) are you using?
Which is your OS?

Internal program error has a specific forum to post. See here.

I think pk is the best one to help you. Why don't you send him an IM with your log?

I had some troubles in the past but now, avast does not detect so much 'false positives' as you did...  ;)

The best things in life are free.

fkj

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2003, 04:01:09 PM »
Hi

I use the lates versions. I downloaded avast a few days ago, and updated the database right away. Also I use Win ME.

I'll read the other tread, and have a look at it, but the files that is making the internal errors are kind of big, approx 1 Gb I think ;D They are vob files ripped from the atlantis dvd (and no! they are not illegal ;D They are from the original dvd, and you are alowed to rip digital media for your own privat use, at least in Denmark ;D)

~Frank

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2003, 04:40:12 PM »
I can see most of the errors you get are AsPacked files. The AsPack support was improved recently - I can send you a link to the new test version tomorrow (and I would certainly like to hear if some of the AsPack errors still remain).
Then, I can see a GZIP file - that would certainly be interesting for PK, as well as the RAR I guess.
The MANIFEST.MF files are some java classes... they are known to be "strange" (if not corrupted).
As for the VOB files... the problems may be connected to their size... do you say they have "only" 1GB each?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2003, 10:41:13 PM »
I can see most of the errors you get are AsPacked files. The AsPack support was improved recently - I can send you a link to the new test version tomorrow (and I would certainly like to hear if some of the AsPack errors still remain).
Then, I can see a GZIP file - that would certainly be interesting for PK, as well as the RAR I guess.
The MANIFEST.MF files are some java classes... they are known to be "strange" (if not corrupted).
As for the VOB files... the problems may be connected to their size... do you say they have "only" 1GB each?

Thanks igor for confirming pk interest on the files...

fkj, if you want some suggestion on FTP Tools for uploading, pk could open his FTP area on avast server for you. I suggest Core FTP Lite but you can take a look at
ESFTP
or UnlimitedFTP.

pk's (Petr Kurtin) email is: kurtin@asw.cz
I hope he won't be angry that I post his email here...  ;)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2003, 11:12:11 PM »
Btw, I'm not sure if PK is "avaliable" right now... but I'm interested in the AsPacked files right now :) I'll let you know tomorrow.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2003, 11:17:33 PM »
Btw, I'm not sure if PK is "avaliable" right now... but I'm interested in the AsPacked files right now :) I'll let you know tomorrow.

Sorry, but fjk is off-line now  :'( You will have to wait untill tomorrow.
If I have some AsPacked files I'll send to you instead of pk.
But, now, I don't have any one  ;D

fkj

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 10:22:48 PM »
Hello

I'm back from a few days of. Let me know if you want any of the files.

~Frank

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2003, 01:12:51 AM »
Hello fkj, i'm unable to check my email till tonight so if you can (and you've not already did it), send me please the following files:

c:\WINDOWS\Skrivebord\Drivers'n stuff\viapfd100.exe\ [E] RAR archive is corrupted. (42126)
c:\Programmer\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\base\assets0.pk3\med.cfg [E] Der er ikke tilstrækkelig ledig hukommelse til at behandle denne kommando (8)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\AUTOSAVE.CGM\AUTOSAVE [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
(...lots of saved games from Heroes3...)

the invalid AsPack files please send to Igor, he did some changed in this packer. I guess, VOB files are too big, right?

Thanks, I'll give you know more tech details as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 01:29:14 PM by pk »

fkj

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2003, 10:23:54 AM »
Hi PK

I'll have a look at it when I come home to night. How much can your mailbox take? Maybe you have a ftp I can use?

~Frank

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2003, 04:59:58 PM »
I don't have my ftp available at this time but I guess my email account doesn't have a limitation for some Mbs, try it, thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2003, 05:30:21 PM »
I don't have my ftp available at this time but I guess my email account doesn't have a limitation for some Mbs, try it, thanks.

pk, just to know. When the user needs to send a big file, can it be splitted into parts (by other application) and send to you?
Will the trouble (virus, error...) be affected by this sppliting?

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2003, 05:41:36 PM »
Sure, he can split the file into the small parts (with other application, for example TotalCommander).

fkj

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2003, 07:18:01 PM »
Hi guys ;D

I just tried a new version of the aswEngin.dll that I got from Igor, and it did wonders. ;D Below are the rest of the errors. I'll send you the viapfd100.exe and one saved game from heroes (do you want them all?)

~Frank

c:\WINDOWS\TEMP\tm3.rar\ [E] Systemet kan ikke åbne den angivne (110)
I think there is something missing here because when I try to open the rar file it askes for the next volume .r00

This unpacks just fine.

c:\Programmer\Jext\bin\jre\lib\rt.jar\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF [E] ZIP archive is corrupted. (42125)
c:\Programmer\Jext\bin\jre\lib\jaws.jar\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF [E] ZIP archive is corrupted. (42125)
c:\Programmer\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1\lib\rt.jar\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF [E] ZIP archive is corrupted. (42125)
c:\Programmer\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1\lib\jaws.jar\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF [E] ZIP archive is corrupted. (42125)
c:\Programmer\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1\lib\i18n.jar\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF [E] ZIP archive is corrupted. (42125)

d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\MIC.CGM\MIC [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\MIC2.CGM\MIC2 [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\AUTOSAVE.GM1\AUTOSAVE [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\AUTOSAVE.GM2\AUTOSAVE [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\AUTOSAVE.TGM\AUTOSAVE [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\FRANK.GM1\FRANK [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\MIA.GM1\MIA [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\FRANK2.GM1\FRANK2 [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\FRANK3.GM1\FRANK3 [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\MIA1.GM1\MIA1 [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\FRANK4.GM1\FRANK4 [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\FRANK5.GM1\FRANK5 [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\FRANK6.GM1\FRANK6 [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\FRANK7.GM1\FRANK7 [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\FRANK8.GM1\FRANK8 [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\FRANK9.GM1\FRANK9 [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\MIA2.GM1\MIA2 [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\NEWGAME.GM1\NEWGAME [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\NEWGAME1.GM1\NEWGAME1 [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\GAMES\NEWGAME2.GM1\NEWGAME2 [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
d:\SPIL\HERO3\DATA\RMTI29RC.BIN\RMTI29RC [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)

e:\DVD\ATLANTIS\VIDEO_TS\VTS_12_1.VOB [E] Internal program error. (42003)
e:\DVD\ATLANTIS\VIDEO_TS\VTS_12_2.VOB [E] Internal program error. (42003)
e:\DVD\ATLANTIS\VIDEO_TS\VTS_12_3.VOB [E] Internal program error. (42003)
e:\DVD\ATLANTIS\VIDEO_TS\VTS_12_4.VOB [E] Internal program error. (42003)
e:\DVD\ATLANTIS\VIDEO_TS\VTS_13_1.VOB [E] Internal program error. (42003)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2003, 07:50:09 PM »
PK: The RAR file is quite easy to find on google :)