Author Topic: ERRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5104 times)

adkel

ERRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: November 27, 2003, 03:30:36 AM »
Hi Guys

Just wanted to know if anyone new how to fix my problem, i changed over to clear.net about a month ago and everything has been fine, i got my comp reforatted about that time as well and then last saturday i logged onto the net and i couldnt receive any emails it came up with this error (incoming server pop.clear.net.nz cannot be found please verify that are connected to the net.) and then when i tried to log into MSN it came up with this error (ou are behind a firewall that does not allow you direct connection to the net. we tried to sign you in though http proxy but your internet explorer proxy settings are either missing or incorrect.) and when i try to open interent explorer comes up with page cannot be found.  i rang the help desk and talk to them for about 2hrs, we reinstalled the communications thing, but he didnt know what was wrong he said i would have to get it reformatted again, which i dont really want to do, i am running windows 98 SE and have Nortons 2002 as my anti virus.
Please can anyone help. im not very technical but i can get around the computer alright.

adkel

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:ERRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 01:56:08 AM »
Hi Guys

Just wanted to know if anyone new how to fix my problem, i changed over to clear.net about a month ago and everything has been fine, i got my comp reforatted about that time as well and then last saturday i logged onto the net and i couldnt receive any emails it came up with this error (incoming server pop.clear.net.nz cannot be found please verify that are connected to the net.) and then when i tried to log into MSN it came up with this error (ou are behind a firewall that does not allow you direct connection to the net. we tried to sign you in though http proxy but your internet explorer proxy settings are either missing or incorrect.) and when i try to open interent explorer comes up with page cannot be found.  i rang the help desk and talk to them for about 2hrs, we reinstalled the communications thing, but he didnt know what was wrong he said i would have to get it reformatted again, which i dont really want to do, i am running windows 98 SE and have Nortons 2002 as my anti virus.
Please can anyone help. im not very technical but i can get around the computer alright.

adkel

1. If you have Norton, you are at the 'wrong' place...  ;D
2. Do you have a firewall or use a proxy filter?
3. Do you install avast! in your computer simultaneosly with Norton?  >:(
4. What do you mean with 'we reinstalled the communications thing'?
The best things in life are free.