Poll

should the moderators get rid of the Karma system?

yes
4 (26.7%)
no
6 (40%)
not sure
1 (6.7%)
modify
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Karma poll  (Read 32319 times)

techie101

Re:k@rma poll
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2004, 07:12:20 AM »
Walker,

I myself think that the Karma system is good for new users to guage the type of help and the type of person from whom it will come.

If a user feels that the person helping them was not up to par, then don't give a Karma!  The Smite is not necessary.

I am for removing it.  I agree with Cojo's remarks that some people do it just to be mean.

Culpeper,I like the bible stuff!   :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 07:13:35 AM by techie101 »

Culpeper

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2004, 12:39:38 AM »

Culpeper,I like the bible stuff!   :)

The smiter doesn't like it.  Apparently, he still feels the need to not act very nice.  The smiter is probably some little nerd with a biiiiiiiiig computer.  Come on Mr. Smiter?  Show yourself.  Be a real man instead of a little sniveling terrorist smiter.

The smiter awoke before dawn, he put his boots on
He took a face from the ancient gallery
And he strolled on down the hall
He went into the room where his sister lived, and...then he
Paid a visit to his brother, and then he
He strolled on down the hall, and
And he came to a door...and he looked inside
Father, yes son, I want to smite you
Mother...I want to...---- you

« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 02:44:04 AM by Culpeper »

Walker

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2004, 01:12:15 AM »
Pavel,

Can you please tell Culpeper who is smitting him and put a stop to all this childish krma issue.

I strongly object to his latest poem with the 'implication' towards my forum name. At the very least it is thoughtless.

Walker.. NOT walking.

Culpeper

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2004, 01:28:15 AM »
 ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2004, 01:30:55 AM »
;D

As nobody will tell you who smitte you, I give you the 34 to 35... Until Pavel become angry, I can tell you who [applaud] you  ;D
The best things in life are free.

Walker

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2004, 01:32:01 AM »
I take it something amusses you Culpeper.

I do not find this funny.

W.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2004, 01:41:29 AM »
neither do I. :-\
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Culpeper

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2004, 01:56:07 AM »
Walker

You were the furthest thing from my mind when I put that poem up.  So, what's your problem?  Somehow you took the verb "walking" and applied it to a noun "Walker", and took personal offense?  If that's the case than it's your problem not mine and makes you a hypocrite for accusing this whole affair as being immature and childish.  If it doesn't concern you than just ignore it.  If the shoe fits, wear it!  Like a badge!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 06:35:12 AM by Culpeper »

Walker

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2004, 02:06:51 AM »
You were the furthest thing from my mind when I put that poem up.  So, what's your problem?  Somehow you took the verb "walking" and applied it to a noun "Walker", and took personal offense?  

Culpeper,

That is where you are wrong, I took the word walked and applied it (as you put it) to my forum name.. not just a noun. Therefore, yes I see an 'association'. That's different from taking offense!. Furtherest from you mind or not, I consider it thoughtless.

If that's the case than it's your problem not mine and makes you a hypocrite for accusing this whole affair as being immature and childish.

If that made sense, I would respond.

If the shoe fits, where it!  Like a badge!

Another implication Culpeper, or just more thoughtlessness

You say you would like to retain the krma system (in some form or another), comments like yours will only ensure that Pavel removes the facility for everyone.

Walker.

Culpeper

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2004, 02:13:49 AM »
You're also very crazy!  Whatever ::)

Walker

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2004, 02:18:01 AM »
Once again, if you made sense I would respond.

As you don't, I'll just accept the compliment.

Culpeper

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2004, 02:19:06 AM »
Yeah, I can see that ::)

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2004, 02:33:32 AM »
This place is a far cry from the head-injury groups where I started on the internet (and where I'm still a mod at one of them).  But might I be permitted to "import" something that almost always works wonders there?

((((Hugs)))) all around -- regardless of gender, ages and age-differences, and even number of people involved.  Sure, the smiting is a royal pain -- but I think we can probably agree that whoever's behind it is most likely not a regular here, even if he/she's been active enough to have acquired smite/applaud "ability".

C'mon, crew, let's stick together for problem-solving, which last I looked is why we're here.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Walker

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2004, 02:37:44 AM »
Mike,

My thoughts entirely.

As soon as people start become focused on things like krma the whole system falls to pieces.

That's why I voted to get rid of it

Walker.

Culpeper

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2004, 02:37:48 AM »
Oh, okay if you say so :-\

There really was no association between my poem and Walker's forum name.  I swear :'(