Author Topic: Avast & Foxmail  (Read 4416 times)

tosbsas

Avast & Foxmail
« on: January 16, 2004, 10:55:49 PM »
Can anyone help me to set up Avast with Foxmail.
Seems like I have to set something in the ini file

Ruben

techie101

Re:Avast & Foxmail
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 11:58:25 PM »
tos,

The main requirement of AVAST is that Foxmail must use SMTP and POP3 protocols.  If it does, then all you would need to do is run the EMail Wizard from the Start Programs Folder.

You CAN manually configure AVAST if you wish.  I don't have my manual handy, but if you have installed Avast 4 on your system, then go into the help file and look up "manual configuration of email settings".

It walks your right through the process in a few steps including changing the .ini file.

If you have trouble, then IM me and I will go through it with you.

techie :D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 12:06:35 AM by techie101 »

tosbsas

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 02:29:37 AM »
Thanks - its for a friend of mine whose best language would be german - can you help there??

Ruben

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 03:07:47 AM »
Thanks - its for a friend of mine whose best language would be german - can you help there??

Ruben

The first thing is what techie have asked: did FoxMail use POP3 and SMTP servers? If yes, I suggest your friend download the German version of avast! (I don't know it the help files are available yet in German or just the application).

With it, he/she has to run 'Mail Protection Wizard' or manual configure the servers. We can guide you here, but in English (the language of the forums).

Wellcome.  ;D
The best things in life are free.

tosbsas

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 03:39:16 AM »
Thats a good idea (:-- Is the home version in german too??

Ruben

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 09:42:32 AM »
Well, I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint you a little.
Yes, there is a German version of avast! Home (with an Internet connection, you can install the additional languages from the Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs / avast! Antivirus / Change or Remove / Change) - but unfortunatelly, only the user interface is currently translated. So, the relevant help is still English only  :(