Author Topic: 1ST ANNIVERSARY!!!  (Read 19354 times)

CoJo

Re:1ST ANNIVERSARY!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2004, 04:27:12 AM »
 ;D ;D...yeah, right!!
yes, I have a dirty but very healthy mind for an old broad!

cojo

Culpeper

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2004, 05:04:26 AM »
I had a sneaky suspicion ;D

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2004, 11:42:14 AM »
Congrats 2 u all  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MW

John-

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2004, 12:49:41 PM »
Congratualations to the Avast-programmers-team for listening to the Avast-users on the forum(s)!  This is really the best support you can think off!!  :D - Keep up the good work,...I would say :)

bbfi

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2004, 07:05:21 PM »
MikeBCda says it the best -
Thanks and best to the avast team, and the mods, and of course to everyone who participates here.

I think when I first came here, a few weeks ago, what impressed me most was the wide range of participation, from the Alwil professionals to relatively experienced users to those who (rightly or wrongly) consider themselves computer-illiterate.  And everyone's got something to contribute here.

And it's always nice to learn that regardless of experience or professional status, we are frequently encountering the same mysterious problems and are working together to find fixes.  I'm not by any means the only one who's glad to learn that the problem wasn't from my doing something wrong.

I have visited many forums and done quite a few posts (well, maybe not as many as some of you guys and gals) but the Avast forum is tops (True Launch Bar forum is great also).  Many forums do not have the collaboration between users and developers like here.  Posts are usually answered quickly, either by another member or by the Avast team.  I enjoy reading the posts and getting info and help at Avast.  God led me to the right place.   :D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 03:10:15 AM by bbfi »

Tipton

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2004, 02:09:15 AM »
I came here a few weeks ago, looking for an alternative to Norton. I was a long time Norton user, and gave Avast free home edition a try. My first impressions were really good! I have a fast PC and love eye candy, and Avast provides that 100%. I also am very paticular as to what software is loaded on my system. I instantly saw the slow shut down issue that Avast had. I started a thread on this annoyance, and here it is just a few weeks later, and the problem is gone. I have to say I am impressed, especially after waiting days just to get a simple reply from the folks at Symantec when I had an issue.  This forum is great, and the creators of Avast deserve applaud for their great product.  

Thanks again!  :)

Douglas

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2004, 09:28:46 PM »

I also am very paticular as to what software is loaded on my system
Me too only avast and F-secure may run on my system. Would use them on mac if there whas a mac Version
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Hornus Continuum

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2004, 12:24:18 AM »
To All,

Congratulations on the 1st anniversary.  It's a great place to hang out and grow.  Thanks to everyone for their contributions.

To Douglas,

You think the "Virus database has been updated." audio clip scared you.  Wait till the first time avast! announces that a virus has been found.

Regards,
Hornus

CoJo

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2004, 06:29:30 AM »
Quote:

To Douglas,

You think the "Virus database has been updated." audio clip scared you.  Wait till the first time avast! announces that a virus has been found.

Regards,
Hornus

For Sure!!
I was ready to load up the shotgun and wake Ole Blue and do some (virus) hunting... ;D  rednecks do that ya know 8)

cojo
resident of the Deep South...where we take any alarms very seriously! hey, it's cause for hunting or fishing...

CoJo

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2004, 06:31:39 AM »
I had a sneaky suspicion ;D

sigh, is it that obvious??

cojo

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2004, 06:27:05 PM »
cojo
resident of the Deep South...where we take any alarms very seriously! hey, it's cause for hunting or fishing

That is sooo true  :)  Im proud to live in NC
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

CoJo

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2004, 12:15:16 AM »
Quote:
That is sooo true    Im proud to live in NC

uhmm, Mac? when ya live as far south as I do, NC is considered Yankee land ;D

cojo

Culpeper

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2004, 01:18:20 AM »
The South shall rise again!  I have relatives/ancestors that fought for the South.  Most of them are buried up North some where  :-\

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2004, 02:48:27 AM »
uhmm, Mac? when ya live as far south as I do, NC is considered Yankee land
well then ill move to florida  ;D

NC is far enough south for me. it already gets too hot here!