Author Topic: Does YahooPops work with Avast  (Read 3755 times)

guestABC

Does YahooPops work with Avast
« on: February 25, 2004, 07:15:46 PM »
My situation: Get my email from the following:

Yahoo(3 accounts using YahooPops)
myrealbox.com(IMAP account. I may be able to change this to a POP3 account. That's a big MAY.)
my ISPs

to be read in Thunderbird after avast! has scanned them. Is this possible? If so, how? I've tried changing ports, but keep getting server socket or bad login name or password  errors. If changing ports works, how and were and in which program(s). Will I have to reboot XP for the changes to take? I also have Kerio software firewall.

Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Does YahooPops work with Avast
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 07:20:06 PM »
My situation: Get my email from the following:

Yahoo(3 accounts using YahooPops)
myrealbox.com(IMAP account. I may be able to change this to a POP3 account. That's a big MAY.)
my ISPs

to be read in Thunderbird after avast! has scanned them. Is this possible? If so, how? I've tried changing ports, but keep getting server socket or bad login name or password  errors. If changing ports works, how and were and in which program(s). Will I have to reboot XP for the changes to take? I also have Kerio software firewall.

Thanks

If you try to 'search' the forum you will have a lot of topics discussing it...
Maybe one of them will be this: http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=2351;start=0
The best things in life are free.

guestABC

Re:Does YahooPops work with Avast
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 07:59:49 PM »
I did read that before posting but it seemed to be more concered about spam. One guy says this works, then the next post says it doesn't with YahooPops since YP has trouble with the #. I just may not scan my email. I think Yahoo scans and Thunderbird is suppose to be safer than OE, so I'll keep my fingers cross and hope I don't get a virus. Over at anantech someone posted a file with virri and trojans to test your antivirus software, it seems all the antivirus programs failed :(