Author Topic: Outlook Scanner and Internet Mail scanner Question  (Read 4026 times)

PerfectCr

Outlook Scanner and Internet Mail scanner Question
« on: February 28, 2004, 08:17:00 AM »
Just dumped AVG and installed Avast and I LOVE IT!  :)

Quick question, I am using it to scan all my incoming and outgoing emails in OUTLOOK XP (locally).  Do I Need to also enable the Internet Mail scanner?  I didn't think I needed both.

Also, I game alot, does leaving Avast enabled in the background slow down any games?

THANKS!  :)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Outlook Scanner and Internet Mail scanner Question
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 09:18:48 AM »
Quick question, I am using it to scan all my incoming and outgoing emails in OUTLOOK XP (locally).  Do I Need to also enable the Internet Mail scanner?  I didn't think I needed both.

Do you see the avast Outlook/Exchange Plugin splash screen when starting Outlook? If so, you don't need anything else. I.e. you can disable the Internet Mail provider.

Also, I game alot, does leaving Avast enabled in the background slow down any games?

You didn't tell us what OS you're using - but given your HW config I assume it's Windows XP. There should be no problems with the exception of the seldom pop ups (e.g. 'Virus database has been updated')... But these are not very frequent anyway, and if you want, there's a way to suppress them (although most people do like them IMHO...)

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 03:07:30 PM »
There should be no problems with the exception of the seldom pop ups (e.g. 'Virus database has been updated')... But these are not very frequent anyway, and if you want, there's a way to suppress them (although most people do like them IMHO...)

If you want anyway: see the section [AAVM] of the avast4.ini in this forum.

Wellcome to forums!  ;)
The best things in life are free.

PerfectCr

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 03:35:48 PM »
Thanks for the quick and friendly responses and thanks for your help!  

;D