Author Topic: Additional avast! sounds available  (Read 42579 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:Additional avast! sounds available
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2004, 10:47:12 PM »
Male,Female and female computer voice like SHODAN from System Shock 2 ;) I have one such great voice for new mail announcement and it sound very cool.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2004, 11:00:52 PM »
Sound themes are not such a bad idea... BUT first let's focus on the viruses, they've got slighly higher priority...

BTW where RejZor where do you got that super-duper stuff?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 11:01:31 PM by Vlk »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »
What super-duper stuff?

S.Z.Craftec

Re:In other languages...
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2004, 11:13:04 PM »

Igor wrote:
No problem for me... if you supply the translated WAVs, the current sounds could be easily replaced. Let's wait what the others think about it...
Just don't expect multiple versions to be created - one with male voice, the other female, another one without voice...  ;D

Does that mean that you're going to use those sounds I sent you instead of default avast! events sounds or just as an option ?

Cheers !

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2004, 11:16:45 PM »
I just meant that if Lazaro sends us translated (i.e. Spanish) versions of the default English WAVs, we may put them to the Spanish version of avast! as the default sounds.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2004, 11:43:20 PM »
Ok, ok Igor... you don't have to yell at me...  ;D

Cheers !

Lazaro

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2004, 05:22:53 PM »
Telling to the perfect girl (ideal voice).
Two things:

- I´ll send you the wav with high quality. You can quit quality according to the desired level.
- I´ll send only the command/sentence, i suppose you will add the "machine" effects later, because i´m not able to create them.

And a comment: Should be safer if you send me or put here the text as it, because i think i have a good ear for english conversations, but you never know...

Working...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 05:25:10 PM by Lazaro »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2004, 04:15:09 AM »
Hey guys! >:(
Please, correct the code for the 'uninstaller' of languages. I tried 'Spanish' to see Lázaro's files, I use Portuguese, and need the English for forums...
I uninstall the Spanish but at the Windows sounds events remains all the entries  :(

avast! sounds are not as important as 'good' installation and 'uninstallation'  :P
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2004, 05:12:40 PM »
Zone Alarm Free  ;D
Enough and safe... But you can try the Pro version of it. There are a lot of users that recommend the new version of Kerio that seems to be not buggy as the first earlier versions 4. There is not a free version of McAfee. Well, I won't say a word about Symantec as everybody knows what I thought...

Listen Waldo, our prophet!  ;D

And what about Sygate latest version my friend ? I mean, I'm quite safe behind this GVC Gnet IP0010 hardware router/firewall I have, but I would like to keep using softwrae firewall too... just, something that will not eat all system resources...  ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 05:14:30 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2004, 05:29:31 PM »
Latest Sygate Firewall Pro (and probably Free Edition too) is v5.5 build 2525 and it never exceeds 10MB RAM usage!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 05:30:21 PM by RejZoR »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2004, 05:35:12 PM »
Yes, I understand, but my ZoneAlarm Free edition never exceeds 4,5 Mb  :o
That's much less than Sygate eats... some expensive dog...  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2004, 11:27:20 PM »

No Sasha, the 'vsmon' file just bellow in your picture is a ZoneLabs file too...
I think both ZA and Sygate give us a good protection. I used Sygate for just a little time but I think techie or Waldo uses Sygate. Oh, I forgot, for sure Culpeper uses it. They can say more than I.

You have such a good system to not worry about some Mb of memory useage... My suggestion is ZoneAlarm Free.  ;D
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2004, 11:44:41 PM »
Thanks my friend... I wondered what was vsmon file... no I know that too, thanks to you.

I'm not worried about my system like it will slow down or something because of firewall... it's just, I always liked my things to be nice and neat. Sometimes I have to keep 3 or 4 very complex programs opened at the same time (Fireworks MX 2004, Dreamweaver MX 2004, Flash MX 2004, CorelDraw 11, etc., so you can imagine how much system resources does it takes... that's why, I would like to have some "small" software firewall besides my hardware firewall...

Maybe I'll try Sygate then, I'll give it a try most likely...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 11:46:13 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

SKYCOMP

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2004, 08:12:04 AM »

I have yet to discover a more creative futuristic porfolio more skillfully crafted & well planned as this one of yours. You are to be congradulated in the most sincerest of terms. Its a very generous display of your talents, which probably come very easy for you. I had to comment in this fashion after touching on your link & visiting this amazing setup you have. Also, would you care to share the resource you display that notifies of each running program with accompanying memory hit. I have an older software somewhat similar but rarely use because it is cumbersome in its display. Thanks & keep up the fine work!

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2004, 12:23:15 PM »
Skycomp wrote:
Also, would you care to share the resource you display that notifies of each running program with accompanying memory hit. I have an older software somewhat similar but rarely use because it is cumbersome in its display. Thanks & keep up the fine work!

Thanks Skycomp for your generous comments... I'm affraid I didn't catche your last one (...are to share the resource you display that notifies of each running program with accompanying memory hit...)

It would be great if you can explain it to me little bit more... thanks !

Cheers !