Author Topic: New avast! skin for Professionals  (Read 32334 times)

S.Z.Craftec

Re:New avast! skin for Professionals
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »
Thank you Datagg and thanks for your reply regarding Outpost and my Hardware router/firewall in Shields up! test...

Stick around pal !

Edit: I already have a new one in my avast! skin shop. This one will be low-tech, totaly and 100% simple as it can be. I think you tech loverswill be glad to have it...  ;D Still have to do some tests and I'll show you that one too...

No one can stop me... Just like factory line... hehe  ;D

Love you all !
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 12:17:22 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Staind

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2004, 10:53:34 PM »
How do I install this skin? I did not see it on the website.

Thanks,
-Staind

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2004, 11:52:16 PM »
Well, that's because you can't install that skin at this point. If you read carefully my first post regarding that skin, you'll see that this is still some kind of preview. Always, always, I send my skins to Alwil programmers to do some final tests, although I tested all of them million times. After that, they will aprove it and upload it in avast! skins download section. Skin is ready for publishing, I sent it to Vlk, and all we have to do now is wait for Vlk to upload it up there...

Then you'll be able to download it and install it...

I hope this helped a bit.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 02:08:58 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Staind

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2004, 02:19:37 AM »
Answered my question perfectly! It is a completely amazing skin I haven't seen anything better.  I also was looking at some of your works in your portfolio.  Quite impressive.!

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2004, 02:25:26 AM »
I think we all better off calling S.Z.Craftec
 a new Avast Nick Name hey "Skin Boy!", make sure your wife doesn't smack you.  ;)  ;D
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2004, 02:35:31 AM »
Thanks guys for your comments. Your comments are always welcome !

I had to change some minor things in skin, and I'm little bit sad 'cause I had to remove that little nice 3D avast! logo that I made especially for this skin... Vlk sent me an e-mail and he told me that skin would look much more professional if I put just "avast! Antivirus" words instead of 3D logo. He doesn't force me to do some changes. He never does it, but I like to hear all users and Alwil programmers and their opinions...so I replaced 3D logo with standard words. It's not nice like it was before, but it looks kinda more professional... really.

Regards !

Staind

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2004, 03:01:45 AM »
The 3-D image looked great, I don't really see why you needed to change it.  But oh well, still a great skin!

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2004, 04:49:37 AM »
I share exactly the same opinion like you my friend, but what can i do... they don't like 3D logo, and I don't want to argue with no one... I'll just give them what they want. I still think, 3D logo was something that would leave this skin still looking professional, and in the same time it would give avast! a dose of something "better" and "different" from all other professional looking skins for some other antivirus products... that 3D logo was so unnoticeable, nice pastel colors, semi-transparent... didn't ruined skin at all... correct me if I'm wrong. But, anyway, it seems like people still love traditional look more than something unique and "different".

I should make a poll, just to see what avast! users think of that change. Finally, all those skins I made for avast! (not Norton  ;D ) users, so it matters a lot to me what users have to say... maybe I should do that, it's my right to make a poll, right ?

Regards !
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 04:50:02 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

shgoh

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2004, 07:13:41 AM »
sasha!!!!!......when is the new skin coming????!!!!

can't wait no more!!!!!!!!

remember to notify me once it's ready...

cheers sasha
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 07:27:17 AM by shgoh »

Staind

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2004, 07:20:07 AM »
You should really design to how you like it. If you try to make it how everyone likes it you'll never finish. :p

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2004, 09:54:22 AM »
I share exactly the same opinion like you my friend, but what can i do... they don't like 3D logo, and I don't want to argue with no one... I'll just give them what they want. I still think, 3D logo was something that would leave this skin still looking professional, and in the same time it would give avast! a dose of something "better" and "different" from all other professional looking skins for some other antivirus products... that 3D logo was so unnoticeable, nice pastel colors, semi-transparent... didn't ruined skin at all... correct me if I'm wrong. But, anyway, it seems like people still love traditional look more than something unique and "different".

I should make a poll, just to see what avast! users think of that change. Finally, all those skins I made for avast! (not Norton  ;D ) users, so it matters a lot to me what users have to say... maybe I should do that, it's my right to make a poll, right ?

Regards !

S.Z.Craftec,

Take my advice there are a lot people who don't understand about creative art when it comes to skins, people like you who created art and believe what they see in their mind and to bring it outside in the real world for people to see is call "The Great World of Art".

If they was no art to believe what people can see and their is nothing you can share to make them believe you can see, if you believe what you can see and other people can't believe what they can see than their no art at all.

You got to try and make them to believe your work of art, they have to see it, believe it and understand how The Great World of Art is all about. I can see your work and I believe your work and it natural.

Put that Bloody 3D Font back on that is creative art, and it look bloody fantasist.
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2004, 12:13:22 PM »
Thanks guys for your support, I'm grateful to you ! But, I think it's not enough just to tell me. You have to contact my "boss" Vlk. I appreciate Vlk's opinion very, very much, so if you manage somehow to make Vlk want that 3D logo back, I'll do it in a matter of seconds... well, I have to go to work today, so it will take up some time... it's very hard to do all those things in the same time, especially 'cause the fact is, I'm always "on the road"... Last 6 days, I made exactly 1050 km with my car visiting Canacomp's customers, fixing their network, software, hardware problems. I believe you can understand me a bit... I'll give my best to replace that logo if just Vlk and guys from Alwil approves it...

I hope we can do that together...  ;)

Sasha

EDIT: I just came up to conclusion that sometimes simple things are the best things. This skin should be true professional skin, for those who doesn't like those fancy-shancy graphics. I think that there is a lot of nice graphics inside this skin already even without that 3D logo... so no one should cry if I just wipe it out and put simple words just as my friend Vlk said. For all those who are looking for mega-heavy graphics in skins, download section is available, there is a lot of skins, and what's the best - downloading is free ! So common people, take a look in there, make up your mind and download what's best for your needs !

Regards to everyone !
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 02:22:15 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2004, 08:15:01 PM »
Do not forget my minimalis one  :'(
CanĀ“t you do anything more for it?  ;)
The best things in life are free.