Author Topic: INTRODUCING: avast! French version - Beta  (Read 63884 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:INTRODUCING: avast! French version - Beta
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2004, 06:37:08 PM »
When using the "teak zeppelin" or the "shadow fist" skins...

Well, skins often cause problems... not only in French. It seems a skin suitable for all languages would have to cover the whole screen  ;D - because every language has a "long" item somewhere.

This is an issue for Martin and Sasha... Please, if posible, try to see if other languages dialogs than English 'fit' into the skin. I have done it for 'each' window in my Portuguese translation... Is quite a hard work. If you can 'prevent' these errors and make a skin 'a little' bit bigger than the English one  8)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 07:20:22 PM by igor »
The best things in life are free.

offpol

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2004, 07:25:12 PM »
hi
Bonjour,

great beta translation
super traduction beta

Skin in use LCARS-avast by SZCraftec no problem
Skin utilisé LCARS-par SZCraftec pas de probleme

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2004, 04:17:40 PM »
OK, I got the first translation of the Introductory help for the Simple User Interface, before I even asked anybody.
It is not 100% complete... but it's here: http://www2.asw.cz/~glucksmann/frhelp1.zip

I'll send the rest of the files to (some of) the people who notified me... so to prevent doing the same work by multiple people in vain, I'd suggest not to translate the help files unless I send you the source files  :)
(Of course, I'm very happy about the interest! I'm just trying to avoid duplicit work).

clonevince

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2004, 06:03:02 PM »
i want to help to translate

how can i hep ?  ???

Jonas

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2004, 09:20:48 PM »
Hello,

I read the Introductory help for the Simple User Interface (the file : http://www2.asw.cz/~glucksmann/frhelp1.zip) and there is some errors in this file.

I will send the corrections to Igor.

big_gie

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2004, 09:20:48 PM »
Damit... I had a big reply with some bugs but Opera crashed and I lost everything  :'(

Will try to remember what I wrote...

First, thanx for the french version. It is REALLY appreciated!!!!!!!!! :) Thanx developpers and thanx translaters!!! :)

Now, with the critisms...:)

I'm using a 1920x1200 display, do I have problems with fonts or truncated strings a bit everywhere...

As you can see on the attachment, the first image, "Arrêter le test de la" is not complete...
The license strings is truncated too. (Miss a ")")
"Le scan de la mémoire a été effectué avec succès. Le programme va r" should be shorter. For exemple, something like "Mémoire saine, avast! démarre" (Memory is clean, avast! is starting)

Their is a typo in the advanced interfaced: "Fichier\Créer un installation silencieuse" should be "Fichier\Créer une installation silencieuse" or even better "Fichier\Créer un fichier d'installation silencieuse" (Create a silente installation file) since this action creates a file, not an installation...

In the settings panel, the tab "Mise à jour (Basique)", the word "Basic" is a anglicism. Basic in French means the opposite of acid. It should be something like "Simple". Something has something better for this?

I do have problems with some objects witch acts a bit like links (see attachment, 2 bottom images). All of them seams cut at their bottom.

There is a typo in the settings for the resident task (emails). The window title is "Réglages tâches résidente" and it should be "Réglages tâches résidentes"

This one is an old one: When editing the foot notes to include in emails, if I put some special characters like "é" or anything else with some accents, I get "Ú" instead of the right character... This is really annoying. There is a workaround in the HTML footnotes (type the html character, like "é" instead of "é") But for plain text emails I can't use at all the accent characters.

If I find something else I'll post it.

By the way, Igor, is the silent installation issue as been corrected? Thanx :)

big_gie

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2004, 09:24:53 PM »
Something else :)

in the aswClnTg.txt, the first line is "avast! Antivirus: %TYPE% message propre." but it should be "avast! Antivirus: message %TYPE% propre."

The same from "aswInfTg.txt:
"avast! Antivirus: %TYPE% message INFECTE:" should be "avast! Antivirus: message %TYPE% INFECTE:"

Edit: Same error in aswClngTg.htm ("%TYPE% message propre." should be "message %TYPE% propre.") and aswInfTg.htm ("%TYPE% message INFECTE:<br>%ATTACH%" should be "message %TYPE% INFECTE:<br>%ATTACH%")
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 09:26:31 PM by big_gie »

Jonas

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2004, 09:50:40 PM »
I think most of the truncated strings on this screenshots are due to a bigger font than the default windows font.

big_gie

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2004, 09:55:09 PM »
I'm pretty sure too, since I do have those kind of problems with other software...

Still looking for a solution... ???

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2004, 10:51:18 PM »
OK, a few remarks:

- I'll try to fix the mentioned typos (that "Simple" suggestion - it's a French word?)

- I'm afraid the display of many windows with large fonts will not be perfect (and it concerns other languages as well). I can try to enlarge some of the controls, but some places will be clipped anyway (e.g. the Splash screen - it's simply too small for such big fonts).

- I'm afraid you can't do anything about accented characters in the TXT notes. In fact, in the "translation package" I put a note for the translators "Use only standard English characters here". You can't say what encoding the target e-mail client will have.

big_gie

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2004, 11:00:20 PM »
@Igor:
-Yes, "Simple" is a french word (an english one too...) :)

-Something will need to be fix for the large font problem, maybe in windows... Large displays are becoming more popular... Thats something I don't like about windows...:P

-Thats sad for the accents :( wouldnt there be a way to include those &eacute; even in the txt and avast changes them? Could it be possible?

Thanx igor :)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2004, 11:02:06 AM »
In the settings panel, the tab "Mise à jour (Basique)", the word "Basic" is a anglicism. Basic in French means the opposite of acid. It should be something like "Simple". Something has something better for this?

Thinking of is... does Simple in French mean the same as in English? If yes, I'd rather go for something else... the original "Basic" doesn't mean "Simple", but more like "General" - specifying the way the updates should be performed. Then, the item below, is a specific one - "Updates (Connection)". So, what would be the best French word for "basic", "general", "main?"... ?

Rix

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2004, 12:06:42 PM »

Thinking of is... does Simple in French mean the same as in English? If yes, I'd rather go for something else... the original "Basic" doesn't mean "Simple", but more like "General" - specifying the way the updates should be performed. Then, the item below, is a specific one - "Updates (Connection)". So, what would be the best French word for "basic", "general", "main?"... ?

I agree that "basic" is not very good. "general is "général", "main" stands for "principal" (depending on the context and/or gender of course).

In the same way, I think that "skin(s)" should be translated by "thème(s)".

And I do not like very much "scan", "scanner", etc. I think that "examen" (resp. "examiner" would be much better. I translated it like this in the file I'm currently working on). Btw, "current" should be most of the time translated by "actuel" and not by "courant".

Regards,
Pascal

big_gie

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2004, 02:24:57 PM »
@Igor:
"Simple" in french mean the same thing as "simple" in english. It could be also just "Mise à jour" (Update) without anything else... And the next line will be more specific... (Or even merge them both?)

@Rix:
I agree 100% with you. I don't like "scan" in french, its an anglicism. It should be something else. "Examen" is a good one. We should check the conjugation of this... I'll check later, don't have the time this morning.

Jonas

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2004, 04:56:01 PM »
I think :
"basic" => "général". It seems good for me.
"skin" => "thème". I forgot the existence of the (windows) term "thème".  ::)
"current" => "actuel". I probably forgot few occurences of "courant".

For the term "scan", I kept the English term... because even if "scan" is an anglicism, "scan" is more used than "analyser" or "examiner".

I had the same problem with the term "Cluster" (to mean a group of computers), the French term "grappe" isn't very used... So I kept the English term.
Another example, nobody use the official French term "Frimousse" to say "Smiley".  ;)

If you want to use a pure French term, I prefer the term "analyser" ("analyze" in English) rather than "examiner".