Author Topic: INTRODUCING: avast! French version - Beta  (Read 64037 times)

big_gie

Re:INTRODUCING: avast! French version - Beta
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2004, 03:41:07 PM »
I think I forgot to upload the screenshot...:P

I think I made a mistake in "essayant" :)

My errors!!! :)

Hurricane

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2004, 09:30:20 PM »
Hi all,

i don't know if it's a problem but there's no update since 18th march (0403-14)?
What about you ?

is it because i've install the beta french version ?

z06wannabe

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2004, 11:00:59 PM »
You might get a kick out of this

The European Union commissioners have announced that agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility.  As part of the negotiations, the British government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has been accepted a five year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short).  In the first year, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c".  Sertainly, sivil servants will reseive this news with joy.  Also, the hard "c" will be replaced with "k".  Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter.  There will be growing public enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replased by "f".  This will make words like "fotograf" 20 persent shorter.  In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.  Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent "e"s in the language is disgrasful, and they would go.  By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by "z" and "w" by "v".  During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "0" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou", and similar changes vud, of kors, be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.  Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German lik zey vunted in ze forst plas...

big_gie

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2004, 02:07:07 AM »
So off topic...

but so funny!!! hahaha :)

gtaillandier

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2004, 08:17:13 PM »
Now, when I right click on the icon in the systray : everything is in french.

In Help, I don't have a lot of topics in french ; but, for me it's not a problem because I understand english. I'll be better when all Help will be translated.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2004, 08:37:45 PM »
Of course, the work is in progress - only a smaller part of helps is in French.
This is a betaversion, aimed to find & fix those little mistakes that are usually present in every translation (in fact, it doesn't have to be a translation - it concerns every "text" of this size).

Outsider

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2004, 09:49:24 PM »
You might get a kick out of this

The European Union commissioners have announced that agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility.  As part of the negotiations, the British government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has been accepted a five year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short).  In the first year, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c".  Sertainly, sivil servants will reseive this news with joy.  Also, the hard "c" will be replaced with "k".  Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter.  There will be growing public enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replased by "f".  This will make words like "fotograf" 20 persent shorter.  In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.  Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent "e"s in the language is disgrasful, and they would go.  By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by "z" and "w" by "v".  During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "0" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou", and similar changes vud, of kors, be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.  Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German lik zey vunted in ze forst plas...

Aai joust vanted to seey I akree foully vit you Vannabéé.  Ze ingliesh languaage is verry raitfoully bieing revjouwed.  Iet ies è verry difficoult languaage for ze french spieking partz of ze vorld.  

HAHAHA

ibbé

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2004, 10:20:46 PM »
 ??? And now (march 26) ?
Today the link for french version dont work.
Problem ?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2004, 10:39:24 PM »
It works for me. Did you read the first post correctly?

ibbé

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2004, 12:19:47 AM »
Sorry. I don't read all the text !   :-\
Because someone make a translation on a french site (www.clubic.com) but not totally...

Rix

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2004, 12:25:53 AM »
It works for me. Did you read the first post correctly?

It did for me to.

Thanx Igor for this new release. :D

Works fine with Win95 now.

Pascal

davmajor

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2004, 11:57:45 PM »
Québec only ? ???

Rix

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2004, 02:33:10 PM »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2004, 03:41:29 PM »
I believe the user interface translation is ready now (I have received additional modifications recently), the help translation goes on.

For now, I would suggest to uninstall the beta and install back the latest "official" version. Unfortunatelly, the virus database updates cannot be done for the betaversion as often as for the "ordinary" version. So, to ensure the maximum protection of your computer, it would be better to turn back to the build 357 for a while. Sorry for the troubles and thanks a lot for your help!

When I receive updated translation of the helps, I will post a link to the compiled file here.

big_gie

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2004, 03:48:48 PM »
thanx igor!!! :)