Author Topic: New Version chrashes Outlook 2003  (Read 4188 times)

RA-Punzel

New Version chrashes Outlook 2003
« on: March 18, 2004, 09:52:32 AM »
Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703)
on Windowx XP Po (all updates)

After installing yesterdays and todays new signature, Outlook does not response after opening when the Outlokk-Provider is running.
In Taskmanager there seem to be no problems (CPU, memory), but Outlook is not responding anymore.

I once had this problem, updating the sig with next days version did clear ist.
Now its permanent since yesterday, even with todays sig.

What can I do to protect my Outlook again?
(and, by the way: i tried all silent modes, but I stll get a message for every virus/worm the scanner finds when receiving mail...and so it blocks all mails afterwars, because it waits for me to respond. Can I automate this?)

Cheers,
RA-Punzel

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:New Version chrashes Outlook 2003
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 04:13:37 PM »
Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703)
on Windowx XP Po (all updates)

After installing yesterdays and todays new signature, Outlook does not response after opening when the Outlokk-Provider is running.
In Taskmanager there seem to be no problems (CPU, memory), but Outlook is not responding anymore.

I once had this problem, updating the sig with next days version did clear ist.
Now its permanent since yesterday, even with todays sig.

What can I do to protect my Outlook again?

Can you try to go to the About dialog of Outlook and enable the avast! plugin again? Will this work?

(and, by the way: i tried all silent modes, but I stll get a message for every virus/worm the scanner finds when receiving mail...and so it blocks all mails afterwars, because it waits for me to respond. Can I automate this?)

The only automatic action is checking the 'Silent mode' of the provider and choose the answer 'No'. The email attached file will be sent to the Chest.
Other automatic actions and even better you can find in the Pro version  ;)
The best things in life are free.

beck

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 06:50:09 PM »
Have to reboot your system. At least that worked for me. It was the 0403-14 update that did my system in. It wouldn't let outlook express authorize either. After rebooting, all was fine with both mail programs. But it did upset me at first.

RA-Punzel

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 06:53:31 PM »
A Reboot has done it.
But I did a reboot yesterday too with no effect..since the sig has changed since then maybe it was the old sig

thx for your help :-))