Author Topic: Losing Settings  (Read 3460 times)

fannymites

Losing Settings
« on: May 03, 2004, 01:42:28 AM »
Any settings I change in on access protection control are changed back after I reboot computer.  Any changes I make such as notes in e-mails etc and I don't need p2p shield or outlook shield but the're back on after restart even though I've answered yes when it asks if I want to persist changes.  It is becoming annoying having to change options every time I use computer. Does anyone have an answer to this problem please?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Losing Settings
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 05:02:08 AM »
fannymites, hope someone from Alwil come here and try to help...
You're not alone  :'( There are some other users in the forums with the same trouble  :-\
The best things in life are free.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 05:28:20 AM »
I don't need p2p shield or outlook shield but the're back on after restart even though I've answered yes when it asks if I want to persist changes.

Hi,

Sorry I can't help with your other problems, any more than Technical can (and he's much more expert with avast than me).  But it's fairly easy to "dump" any of the resident providers that you know you don't need -- I have no use for the Outlook or P2P ones myself either.

Instead of simply stopping the providers, which is what it sounds like you're doing, go into Add/Remove Programs, click on Avast then select Change.  You'll see a list of features such as the individual providers, language versions, etc - just untick any providers you don't need then save the changes.

And don't worry, you're not deleting those, you're just telling avast not to load them when you start up.  So if you ever decide you need them back again, just do the same thing and tick the ones you want to be active again.

Best,
Mike

Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

fannymites

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 04:15:18 PM »
Ta much for that, it's solved one of my problems at least.  I had been clicking on terminate in on access control settings.
As for not being able to save other settings, could it have anything to do with my Zone Alarm Pro cos I'm having similar trouble with that not saving settings as well.