Author Topic: Outlook IMAP HTML  (Read 6769 times)

luieg1

Outlook IMAP HTML
« on: June 03, 2004, 01:22:35 PM »
Could the Avast outlook exchange (not outlook express) plug in possibily be causing my IMAP mail to show up as text only?

I cannot view HTML messages with outlook when I use the avast to scan the messages automatically.

The POP3 mail works fine.  The problem is only with IMAP (internet mail).

I wonder if the avast settings for internet mail are preventing me from viewing the HTML.  If so, how do I change the settings.  I really need to view the HTML.

Thanks

luieg1

Re:Outlook IMAP HTML
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 03:49:08 PM »
More info.

I think it is the avast system that is causing the problem with my outlook IMAP.  

I notice that, if someone sends me a text message to my IMAP account, I get the avast clean tag.  If they send me a HTML, I see the message in text only, and I do not get a clean tag.

Hope this helps.

sedina

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 10:28:28 AM »

luieg1

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 01:17:08 PM »
I really liked the virus scanner, but it definately was the problem in reading HTML mail from ooutlook usine my IMAP account.  I uninstalled avast, and it now works fine.  I had to go with another free scanner (AVG), which works fine.  Sorry.

If you fix this problem, let me know.

sedina

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 05:23:07 PM »
So, UseAlternateRtfSyncing=1 in section [MailScanner] in avast4.ini file didn't help you? No change? When you disable "insert notes into" clean message, is HTML text visible? we will fix it, but we need more info. thanks!

luieg1

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 08:13:36 PM »
Someone helped me with adding that line when I was not getting the inbound tag.  

The other problem was reading HTML messages in outlook on my IMAP caaount.  Avast was interfering with it and causing me to see text only.  I need to read the HTML.  I uninstalled Avast and now my email works fine.  

I really liked the way avast shows when it's scanning messages, but the other problem was to serious to keep avast.

If you want me to call you and explain the problem, let me know.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 04:15:26 AM »
Someone helped me with adding that line when I was not getting the inbound tag.

Thanks  ;D
But, can't you reconsider your point of view about avast?  :'(
It's strange, I can read/send/write... email messages on both HTML and TEXT without any restriction and, if I'm not wrong, I did not read anything related with this problem before in this forums (but the forum is so big... I can miss some ideas...).
The best things in life are free.

luieg1

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 04:28:40 AM »
I'd love to use avast, but it disables the HTML of my IMAP account.  If you can figure out why, I'll be back.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2004, 04:31:37 AM »
I'd love to use avast, but it disables the HTML of my IMAP account.  If you can figure out why, I'll be back.

Sorry, I'd love to help you but I do not use IMAP...
If you can wait for some programmer or even download your emails by another way for a while...  ;)
You won't regret of avast.
The best things in life are free.

honyak122

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2004, 05:17:49 AM »
I have been using avast for a while and have no problem reading my IMAP account in HTML.
Try checking your account settings or check with the IMAP account.

Good luck, I tried AVG and it was a pain to set up e-mail protection, I never could get it to work properly.

CharleyO

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2004, 05:52:28 AM »

Welcome to the forums, honyak122.    :)

Perhaps luieg1 will return and maybe you can help solve his problem.    ;)  

honyak122

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2004, 06:34:19 AM »
Thanks for the welcome CharleyO.
I don't think that luieg1 knows what he is missing with AVAST. He should certainly try to correct his issue before switching to AVG, I had no success with it, plus he will miss out on this great forum!! lol getting this kind of HELP with AVG.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2004, 06:34:48 AM by honyak122 »

luieg1

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2004, 03:35:04 PM »
I said I really like avast, but I cannot set it up correctly.  I didn't change any settings except to insert tags.  It's not my IMAP account because it works fine with AVG.  I admiit that avast is a better product, but I cannot use it now.  Perhaps the next update will solve the problem.  I'll try again in the future.