Author Topic: avast simple interface bug  (Read 15565 times)

S.Z.Craftec

Re:avast simple interface bug
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2004, 03:11:13 PM »
Haha.. good one... the key word is SOMETIMES... hahaha !  ;D

Their primary job is to take as much money from your pocket as they can...

Kobra

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2004, 03:44:40 PM »
/emote tosses some Xanax into the crowd, and walks away shaking his head.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2004, 04:21:37 PM »

We don't need Xanax my friend... we just asked you nicely to stay in these forums and give some help to those who need it... because your help is much appreciated as well as other people's help... If you can't stand our company, well, it's your choice... another good avast! feature... no one is foced to stay...

Again, stay and hang around with us...

Tipton

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2004, 08:08:47 PM »

We don't need Xanax my friend... we just asked you nicely to stay in these forums and give some help to those who need it...
Again, stay and hang around with us...

He might be afraid you will club him with one of your skins if he sticks around!  :P If you read through this entire thread, Kobras concern was about the basic user interface, and how it functioned, no matter what skin he was using. He was not saying the skin did not function well. It sounds like he feels Avast has great detection, and some really good features, but does not like what he has to go through to get to them. Yes I know he said he does not like skins, thats his right, but his real concern was the layout of the features, and the difficulty he was finding when trying to access them. He may just need to get used to the AV a little more. I found Avast to be one of the easiest AV's to install and set up. This thread is full of anger, and arguments. If a new Avast user were to read through this thread, it would not seem real professional. I would think this forum is for constructive critics, as to better the program, as well as offering great advice for people with issues. Back when I first installed Avast, I posted an issue with my shut down time increasing greatly after the install. Everyone jumped in to defend Avast, and claim it isn't happening to them, and that it must be something on my system. Turns out it was Avast, and was fixed promptly by the Avast team. The issue was fixed with a small constructive complaint by me. My point is, don't take everything so personal. There are a few skins that will crash on my system, yet won't on one of my other PC's.  All PC's have different hardware and software, and no one piece of software is going to work perfectly on everyones system. I mentioned this freeze issue awhile back to Craftec, and after suffering through him being offended, he fixed the issue by changing(I don't recall what) something in the way he builds the skins. Havent seen the issue since.  I know Craftec spends hours on these skins, but no one is forcing him to do it.  I, as well as others, should be able to mention a glitch with a skin or any other part of Avast, and not be greeted by defensive comments. I know I mentioned that the skins seem buggy, maybe I am still paranoid from when I was having issues, I don't know. There are still a few things that don't operate consistantly on the skins, but I will just write it off as a problem with the skinning library like igor mentioned. I have never tried putting this AV down, but only tried bringing up issues that might need to be looked at to make it better in the future.

Douglas

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2004, 09:33:13 PM »
Tipton wrote:

Back when I first installed Avast, I posted an issue with my shut down time increasing greatly after the install. Everyone jumped in to defend Avast, and claim it isn't happening to them, and that it must be something on my system. Turns out it was Avast, and was fixed promptly by the Avast team.

True, true, but how come so many people had no problems with shut down time ? I had no problems at all... No matter, as you said, so many different computer configurations, can't check them all.

I mentioned this freeze issue awhile back to Craftec, and after suffering through him being offended, he fixed the issue by changing(I don't recall what) something in the way he builds the skins. Havent seen the issue since.

Well, I didn't change anything in the way I build skins... I make skins, I couldn't possibly have a clue that one of most used formats (TGA with alpha chanel) won't work on your computer. I'm sorry, but that was first time I ever heard such a thing... TGA file format shouldn't give you problems at all in the first place. I didn't invent TGA format, I'm just using it like everybody else... Also, TGA was used only in one skin made by me (LAAH-RA). You attacked so many skins, and you never mentioned LAAH-RA skin... Martin likes to use TGA much more than me. Of course I replaced TGA bit BMP in that particular skin, because I don't make these skins for me. I make them for users. If users are unable to use them, then no use of my skins. I fixed that problem and you were happy. Right ?

I like constructive comments, and everybody in this forum knows that... When I finish my skins, first thing I do is send them to Vlk for testing... sometimes, he sent me back 3 or 5 e-mails with asking me could I make some small issue different way, some graphic is not good or something else... I never cry, I always change what they ask me to change. Sometimes, I argue, 'cause it's my right to say what's my opinion... finally, I am designer of those skins (not the best one, but I'm trying and I'm trying very hard) and I think I should have right to say what I mean and how final product (skin) should look like...

You are always welcome to give constructive comments, but common, I remember those threads from the past... much more than just constructive comment. You noticed that and you calmed down. After that we spoked like normal human beings again...

Now, if you excuse me, I'm just in process of finishing best looking skin (I mean the one that was made by me, I still think Martin is better than me) for avast! ever...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 09:36:53 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Tipton

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2004, 10:00:31 PM »
Tipton wrote:

Back when I first installed Avast, I posted an issue with my shut down time increasing greatly after the install. Everyone jumped in to defend Avast, and claim it isn't happening to them, and that it must be something on my system. Turns out it was Avast, and was fixed promptly by the Avast team.

True, true, but how come so many people had no problems with shut down time ? I had no problems at all...

Alot of people had the slow shut down problem, they just didn't realize it untill after the fix came out, and they had something to compare it to.

Douglas

« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 10:52:27 PM by Tipton »

shgoh

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2004, 08:03:54 AM »
Shgoh, I do not need a layer with Sasha arround me  ;D
Sorry for the misunderstandings. Sasha caught my feelings  ;)

:)don't worry about it technical...i never misunderstand...i know you are just kidding with me ;D

Lawyer ? No way.. it's a big difference between friend's help and lawyer... I just tried to explain to my friend shgoh, that you didn't want to offend him in any way...

thanks sasha...remember?...we are a band of brothers ;D...for how long?...i don't know...hopefully as long as possible :)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2004, 12:09:53 PM »
Shgoh wrote:
thanks sasha...remember?...we are a band of brothers ...for how long?...i don't know...hopefully as long as possible   :)

OK, what's this ? Don NOT think of leaving my friend !!! We need you and your technical advices here... forum users needs you.