Author Topic: I Thought Avast Was Great Until Reading This.....  (Read 35063 times)

Staind

Re:I Thought Avast Was Great Until Reading This.....
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2004, 02:25:50 AM »
I'm just curious why everyone suddenly got mad.  He offered his advice and personal opinion which is what I asked for.

Honestly, guys, lay back a bit. What's the problem?

Tipton

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2004, 02:37:15 AM »
I'm just curious why everyone suddenly got mad.  He offered his advice and personal opinion which is what I asked for.

Then I suggest you take his advice for what its worth. :)

Douglas

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2004, 03:44:01 AM »
Staind, you have to read all his posts and replies first to understand this, but doesn't matter anymore... however, that's behind us. We asked him not to leave, we want him to stay, but I guess he is the only one who will decide... as we don't want to force anyone to leave (that's not this forum's policy), we don't want to force anyone to stay... he is grown up, very clever man, I just hope he's coming back.

Cheers !

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2004, 03:57:58 AM »
Strange is kobra rarely answers to questions, various ones ...

but i will be always thankfull to re-discover for me MKS , i thought they not exist anymore ... well i was totally wrong :) they still here and powerfull ...
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

Staind

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2004, 06:52:56 PM »

Douglas
I take any advice I can get into account.  You guys just shouldn't criticize him though when I specifically asked for his opinion.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2004, 07:00:41 PM »
No one said anything about his opinion and answer to your question. He said that freeware programs are not good as paid for versions and that was very unadvisedly... It's not true, completely not true, and that was the problem...

Anyway, this forum is not the only one where he jumps into verbal fights. We asked him very nicely to calm down a little bit and not to leave this forum, what else should we do ? Beg him ?

Tipton

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2004, 07:07:28 PM »

Douglas
I take any advice I can get into account.  You guys just shouldn't criticize him though when I specifically asked for his opinion.

Your request for advice from Kobra, has nothing to do with my dislike for his online behavior, and his un-friendly way that he sometimes posts, here and in other forums. Our responces to Kobra, have nothing to do with you, and are not generated from your replys at all.

Douglas
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 07:08:04 PM by Tipton »

neal62

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2004, 08:23:45 PM »
I just want to add my thoughts on this. Avast 4 Home has always been a good program for me and as a FREE one at that. I have ALWAYS had better protection with Avast than I once did with paid versions of McAfee and Norton. I use other free programs that I choose to use and have had very good results with all of them. There abviously has been a thought among some people that "free is not worth using". As all of you know that IS NOT true. I just want to reinforce my appreciation to the Devs, Moderators, and everyone
here who has been kind enough and patient enough to help me with questions that I have had in the past. If I can ever be half as good knowledge wise about Avast as most of you are then I will feel I am accomplishing something to be able to help others. And to any new
members reading these posts here, Avast as a program, with the type and kind of free forum support you can get no matter if you use the free version or the paid version of Avast is worth more than any amount of money I can ever have. Thanks to you all. :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 08:39:58 PM by neal62 »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2004, 09:15:04 PM »
This is exactly what I'm talking about... people like neal62 should be greatest example for averyone who ever decide to visit these forums. You already have genuine avast! forums spirit. This is the way we all shoud talk to each other !

A way to go !

Cheers !

niko

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2004, 11:00:49 PM »
Hi all,
I'm just a lucky avast! user, I love the product and this great forum, and I'm looking for PEACE !
Have a nice day !
ps: come on avast!  :D

The Maxx

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2004, 11:17:00 PM »
Well I see it this way, use whatever AV you choose too.  As long as the AV does what you need it to do then who cares.... Doesn't matter if you use avast!, AVK, Norton, McAfee, etc.  If you think your AV missed a virus then check it with a different one to see.

But everything free might not be that good, but just cause it's free doesn't mean it's not worth using.  How many AV's out there that you have to buy are that good?  Norton is one that most people seem to dislike a lot and you have to buy that.

avast! might not be the best out there but it is getting better and better as time goes on.   :)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2004, 12:03:22 AM »
avast! might not be the best out there but it is getting better and better as time goes on.   :)

I've heard that before already, but I must tell... considering all those characteristics (antivirus efficiency, user support, frequency of updates, forum friendship and readiness to help, forum spirit etc. etc. etc.)

avast! is complete product. And like it or not,

avast! is the best !!!

Just find me some product that has all those characteristics, just name it please.

I wouldn't be here if I think different...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 12:04:27 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Staind

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2004, 02:32:06 AM »
Saying Avast! is the best is a bit extreme.  I won't argue with you, it's a great Anti virus product.  It's free, has good support, etc. etc. you know this. But, overall though, I would say that maybe Kaspersky and a few others have it beat.  But, believe me, after my Dad's norton subscription runs out I'm definitely installing it on his computer, and I've already installed it on some relatives. So I mean, I love Avast! :P

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2004, 02:49:04 AM »
You don't get me... I said "...all those characteristics..."

"...Kaspersky and few others..." - OK, probably great antivirus products, but show me their forum support, interaction between users and forum members like in these forums...

And, no, I'm not extreme... I just pledge my allegiance to avast! I'm not one of those who finds one virus in their computer that avast! maybe missed, and give up on this product... what are we searching for ? Something perfect ? Well, I have to tell ya... in my whole life (33 years) I didn't find anything perfect, just because there is no such a thing... it's just expression.

I live with avast! and I can see that this product is improving with every single update... they listen to their users, they change immediately any error or bug that is reported by avast! users, they help their users... that's what counts ! Correct me if I'm wrong...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 02:56:25 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Staind

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2004, 07:23:40 PM »
I agree with you as I said.  I haven't seen any Anti virus that has the support that avast! does.  You can post a problem here and literally in about an hour have a good, solid response that corrects the problem.

But, you have to admit that in many cases other Anti viruses do "out-detect' Avast! which is understandable in some regards.  Although your chances of getting one of these viruses is low :P.  Although, I will say that Avast!'s updates are kind of slow compared to others.  But, I guess they do get out the updates quick if there's a major outbreak.