Author Topic: Problem with the exchange plugin  (Read 3984 times)

Pierre-DNA

Problem with the exchange plugin
« on: June 28, 2004, 04:49:24 PM »
Hello,

I am using Avast4 and am very pleased about it. However, there's something that bugging me.

I couldn't find anywhere how to disable the pop-up window that appears when the exchange plugin detects a virus.

The email plugin is displaying red and yellow lines and adds "infected" in the subject. That allows a quick and easy handling of viruses by creating a rule, that send all infected messages into trash.

However, the exchange plugin needs a click, each time it founds a virus. I have each morning in my mailbox between 15 and 30 viruses, I would very much like to NOT have to click everytime I get the warning... a behavior like the internet email plugin would do it !

I have checked off all confirmation boxes I found. I have tried all possible settings... Is there anyway to avoid the pop-up screen of the exchange plugin ?

Pierre-DNA

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Problem with the exchange plugin
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 04:51:49 PM »
Hello,

I am using Avast4 and am very pleased about it. However, there's something that bugging me.

I couldn't find anywhere how to disable the pop-up window that appears when the exchange plugin detects a virus.

The email plugin is displaying red and yellow lines and adds "infected" in the subject. That allows a quick and easy handling of viruses by creating a rule, that send all infected messages into trash.

However, the exchange plugin needs a click, each time it founds a virus. I have each morning in my mailbox between 15 and 30 viruses, I would very much like to NOT have to click everytime I get the warning... a behavior like the internet email plugin would do it !

I have checked off all confirmation boxes I found. I have tried all possible settings... Is there anyway to avoid the pop-up screen of the exchange plugin ?

Pierre-DNA

If I'm not wrong, this pluggin does not have a 'Silent mode' into the Home (free) version.
Only in Professional version you could configure 'automatic' actions to be taken (more than this, a sequence of actions to be taken).
You won't regret, as we, happy Pro users  8)
The best things in life are free.

techie101

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 04:59:55 PM »
Pierre,

I know this is not directly related to your problem, but why are you receiving so many viruses in your mail?

However, you can set the Home version to automatically move and store potential viruses to an ondisk folder if you wish for later evaluation.  You can find this setting under Exchange module...Customize....Storing tab.

Trying to get Avast to do what you want seems secondary to figuring out how to stop the viruses in the first place.

But, the cost of Avast Pro is worth it.  I use both Home and Pro.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 05:03:21 PM by Techie101 »

Pierre-DNA

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 05:27:28 PM »
well, this email receives between 100 and 200 emails a day. 10% of emails are virused.

So no way to get rid of the splash screen in the home version ?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 08:07:34 PM »
So no way to get rid of the splash screen in the home version ?

Not that I know.
If you use an Internet Mail client (like Outlook Express, Pegasus, The Bat...) you can configure Silent Mode (automatically send files to Chest). Nothing more.
Maybe next version will have this action included in Outlook plugin.
But, definitively, automated actions are for Pro users.  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 09:55:31 AM »
Yep, Vlk said something like that he'd include the Silent Mode for the Outlook provider in the next version... hopefully ;)