Author Topic: problem with avast4home after update  (Read 4601 times)

mikie1315

problem with avast4home after update
« on: October 06, 2004, 11:39:12 PM »
after my avast4home automatically updated ,I cant open the program.It does the memory scan and then pops up an unknown error application cannot load skin.Function"usiGetSkin"Failed.does anyone have a way to fix this. :(

techie101

Re:problem with avast4home after update
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 11:42:47 PM »
Mikie,

Usually, this is caused by a missing or corrupted, or unregistered dll file that is used by Avast.

If you search the forum for "usiGetskin", you will come up with the fix.  It is very easy to do.

Good luck

mikie1315

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 05:07:37 AM »
Thank you Techie 101,Ihad no idea spybot search and destroy was causing the problem. I will redownload avast4 and run spybot and tell it to ignore brain bot.I thought I was removing a bot.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 01:52:03 PM »
Thank you Techie 101,Ihad no idea spybot search and destroy was causing the problem. I will redownload avast4 and run spybot and tell it to ignore brain bot.I thought I was removing a bot.

I don't think SpyBot detects anything related to avast... Take care, you do not need to allow nothing as avast should not be 'detected' by spybot as it does not contain any spyware.
Oh, maybe you're talking about TeaTimer (a part of SpyBot) could 'block' Startup items (both links of the startup menu and windows registry) and then, sure, avast! won't work properly  ;)
The best things in life are free.

techie101

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 05:16:10 AM »
Thank you Techie 101,Ihad no idea spybot search and destroy was causing the problem.
Where did you get the Spybot thing?  I didn't say anything about Spybot.  Was it in one of the search results?

Technical is correct.  I run Spybot and Avast without a problem.  Spybot has never interfered with the running of Avast, so after you reinstall Avast.....make sure it runs correctly first.  Then run Spybot.... see if any of the files are traced back to Avast before you  dump them. (There should not be any)

If in doubt, post the list in a screenshot so we can look at it.
OK?