Poll

No Avast icons on start up and error message for Outlook, missing AlwilSoftware\Avast4\ashOutXt.dll.  So after reading some of the forum, I went to Add/Remove--Avast--Repair and now Avast isn't even in my program files.  What do I do next?

What's this?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Missing \ashOutXt.dll Unable to connect...  (Read 32706 times)

CCat61

Missing \ashOutXt.dll Unable to connect...
« on: October 15, 2004, 04:46:02 AM »
Newbie to message boards  ::) Just need some help, don't know what the "poll" is for or the "options"...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 04:53:48 AM by CCat61 »

CharleyO

Re:Missing \ashOutXt.dll Unable to connect...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 10:32:07 AM »

That could not be called a poll when there is only one answer to select from.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 04:38:50 PM »
Hi, welcome to the forums.

Please Help us to Help you In order to help fully we need more information....
   - What OS are you using? is it up to date?
   - What email program are you using?
   - avast! version and VPS file (virus database) number, e.g. 0436-4 (see about avast!)
   - What actions have you taken to try and resolve the problem?
Also see this thread for further information and advice User's FAQ.

Ignoring the poll option just click the New Topic of you need to create/start a thread to discuss a problem. Poll being 'Which firewall do you think is best' the differen't options are the differen't firewalls which you would like an opinion (poll) about.

Have you tried a search of the forums for 'ashOutXt.dll' ?

I did a search and it returned lots of posts (30), but not knowing anything about your system you will have to do the legwork and check if any of the hits reflect your system.

Of course you could give us the information above.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 04:46:07 PM »
CCat61
Welcome to the forum.
Go to add/remove and select repair.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

CCat61

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 05:38:40 AM »
To CharleyO -  ??? I did state that I was a Newbie to message boards.  All I needed was a little direction regarding my issue.

To DavidR -  :) I will try the search on my own (as you suggested) and attempt to fix.  If I still have issues, then I will post a message (hopefully the right way).  Thank you for a righteous reply.

Bob3160 -  :) Tried that first.  Now I will try what David R wrote.  Thank you, too.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 05:42:52 AM »
I did state that I was a Newbie to message boards.

We are not angry or upset  8)
Just we need to understand what is your problem to try to help you. Maybe you can describe the problem, post a little bit more and talk about your computer...  ;)
The best things in life are free.

CCat61

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 06:29:07 AM »
I can't find the answer by searching this forum.  My PC is Win 98 / Outlook 98 and I have Avast 4 Home.  I turned the PC on last night and my Avast icons were gone.  Then I opened Outlook and got the ashOutXt.dll error.  I tried to repair Avast in the Add/Remove program, rebooted and now I can't find Avast even in the prgram listing.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 06:31:29 AM by CCat61 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 01:09:25 PM »
This is one of the reasons that we ask what your system is.

As far as I can remember, Win98 doesn't support the Add Remove Change (which allows you to select the repair function) and only allows Remove and this looks like what you have done.

If you still have the downloaded file, reinstall it. I would however, suggest that you try downloading it again, just in case your download was somehow corrupted.

Did you enable the Outlook Plug-in and was it active within MS Outlook. I don't use Outlook so can't offer too many suggestions.

As people have said, the more information you can give us the easier it is to suggest options.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 01:10:38 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

CCat61

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 03:32:24 PM »
I assume that the Outlook Plug-in was enabled/active. as Avast did work nicely for the two months that I was running it.  

I download it again.  

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2004, 09:18:55 PM »
I assume that the Outlook Plug-in was enabled/active.

I suppose you're talking about avast! settings.
See under MS Outlook menu: Help > About > Plugins if the avast! one is enabled...  ;)
As you can see, there is two ways of mess it: one into avast! and other into MS Outlook  8)

CCat61

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2004, 11:19:49 PM »
I didn't need to download Avast, it was hiding in my PC!  I did have to get a new key (reregister).  Now I have my blue icons, again ;D!  I just don't know why it happened in the first place.  

Last issue - why doesn't Avast show up in
Start-->Programs menu?  When things go wrong, I hate searching for what I need...

I like this Avast, so much easier ~for me~ than Norton.

**I don't find plug-ins listed in my MS Outlook About.  Perhaps because my version is way out-dated?  
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 11:28:10 PM by CCat61 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2004, 04:44:56 PM »
I don't find plug-ins listed in my MS Outlook About.  Perhaps because my version is way out-dated?  

No... most probably you did not install it correctly.
Close MS Outlook.
Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast antivirus > Remove
On the pop-up window, choose 'Change' and select 'Outlook/Exchange' provider.
If it is already marked, then choose the option 'Repair' at left.
Will it help?

CCat61

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2004, 05:28:46 PM »
No, the list in "About" is not an issue.  I might not be looking deep enought to find the info.  Another time when I have time.

The issue is getting Avast listed my Programs menu, so I can open Avast quickly if I ever have a problem.  I know that I have at least one other item that's not listed in the Programs menu.  I would like to know why that is and how to correct it.  Any ideas?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2004, 05:40:44 PM »
The issue is getting Avast listed my Programs menu, so I can open Avast quickly if I ever have a problem.  I know that I have at least one other item that's not listed in the Programs menu.  I would like to know why that is and how to correct it.  Any ideas?

Did you try to right click the menu and sort it alphabetically?
avast! should be there...
Do you use more than one user?

Can you open Windows Explorer and
C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs...
Isn't avast there?

CCat61

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2004, 06:02:21 PM »
:( It's definitely not there.

??? I don't know where Windows Explorer is (I can't find it).  Did I miss something?

:'( I am only a geek wannabe; self taught and sometimes it takes me a little longer...other times it takes me a lot longer...