Author Topic: Move to chest  (Read 12357 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Move to chest
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2004, 01:01:54 PM »
Actually, I think your assumption was correct.
Eddy, are you sure it's a Home version? Isn't it rather a Pro version trial, for example?

Thanks Igor for bringing light to us  8)
The best things in life are free.

eric

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2004, 09:00:16 PM »
I tested the 'move to chest' option with the Avast Screensaver from Avast Home Edition. I putted the string 'move to chest' in the Virus page (see screenshot 1).

When Avast Screensaver finds a virus then the infected file is automatically moved to chest. After Avast moved the infected file to chest, he displays "...Virus found...Test interrupted!!" and he doesn't continue with the scanning process.

Is there some way to define that Avast Screensaver doesn't stop the scanning process after he has moved the first found infected file to chest?

I would like that Avast screensaver moves automatically all infected files to chest without interrupting/pausing and that at the end of the scanning process he shows a popup with a list of all files that have been moved to chest. Can this be done with Avast?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2004, 10:28:49 PM »
Eric, are you using the Home version? I think not, because the screen saver module automated reveals you're using the Professional (or, at least, the trial) version.

Unfortunatelly, I think you can't set it into Home version as the module will stop after finding a virus. As the screen saver does not have a report, you should know a virus was found. This module is thought to be just an adviser. Running the full test after it will be the wiser thing  8)

eric

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2004, 12:04:39 PM »
I am using Avast Home Version. The Virus page for the automated actions also exist in the Avast screensaver from the Home version (like I already mentioned in my previous posts). In Avast Home Version, the automated actions are only present in the Screensaver module, but not in the other Avast modules.

So how must I define the automated actions in the Virus page so that he will continue the scan after he moved the first infected file to chest?

I have put in the Virus page 'move to chest'. But this only copies the first infected file to chest and this doesn't continu the scanning process after he moved the first infected file to chest. Should I put something else in the Virus page to make it work?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2004, 12:44:16 AM »
This only copies the first infected file to chest and this doesn't continu the scanning process after he moved the first infected file to chest. Should I put something else in the Virus page to make it work?

I think you're touching the limit between the Home and Pro versions...
In Professional one, the scanning will continue... In Home, the Virus Page only works for the first virus found... (I'm guessing for what you wrote as I have the Professional and not the Home one  8))

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2004, 12:54:55 AM »
OK, a little clarification:

1. there's no Virus Page in the Home version; the Virus Page is accessible only from the Enhanced User Interface (in the configuration of a task) - which the Home version doesn't have.

2. the screen-saver always stops when a virus is found - no matter if its "Virus Page" contains the "Stop" action or not, no matter if it's the Home or Professional version.
You may call it a bug... I'd rather call it a "feature" for now. That's how the screen-saver was designed and it would require non-trivial changes (to the code) to modify this behavior. The fact is, however, that the Virus Page is somehow misleading here.  :-\