Author Topic: Email Protection  (Read 4271 times)

Cookie

Email Protection
« on: December 05, 2004, 08:50:37 AM »
I have just installed the new version of Avast.  In the previous version, email recipients had a message on the bottom of the page stating that the email had been scanned using Avast Anti-Virus.  I also got a pop-up indicator that Avast was scanning as the email was being sent.  That isn't happening either.  What setting am I missing to enable this feature.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Email Protection
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 01:15:02 PM »
I have just installed the new version of Avast.  In the previous version, email recipients had a message on the bottom of the page stating that the email had been scanned using Avast Anti-Virus.  I also got a pop-up indicator that Avast was scanning as the email was being sent.  That isn't happening either.  What setting am I missing to enable this feature.

Just open the Internet Mail provider settings (or the Outlook plugin) and on the pages POP and SMTP, click on 'Add a note into clean messages'. On advanced page of these settings will be the option for the extra icon. A pop-up indicator is the option 'Show detailed information on action performed'.  ;)
The best things in life are free.