Author Topic: Qusetion ?  (Read 13311 times)

kanga2cool

Qusetion ?
« on: January 29, 2003, 11:42:19 PM »
 ;D Hi guys thanks for the great Avast 4 Home antivirus works great on my XP Pro and 98se no problems so far have some questions please.
1/ My avast tray icon under XP seems to be a green/gray colour were my tray icon on 98se is blue is this a bug or just a different colour change under XP.
2/ The avast tray icon states avast on-access scanner 3 providers Total 2 running what is the third one for is it the VRDB also how often dose this update all the time the screen saver starts. Or only when I first run the program it updated the VRDB
3/ I run winzip and getright which file out of avast do I use in these programs so avast can scan when that have finished downloading.
4/ I think it would be a good idea to change the icon that shows up when you receive email the police siren is left over from version 3 so this is a new program so lets put something cool in it place in future versions ie something like the tray on icon in the envelope.
Thanks for the great program the forum is great look forward to many good ideas added in future version when all is right will buy the Pro version.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Qusetion ?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2003, 11:08:46 PM »
kanga2cool,

1. Yes, this is normal; the WinXP icon has slightly different color because WinXP lets us you more than standard 16 colors for tray icons....
2. To find out which providers are running, click on the icon, and click 'Details'. The VRDB is being generated whenever the screen-saver is running; once it is generated, a pause of 3 weeks is taken and then the generation (database update) starts again.
3. There is no such program in the HOME edition. In the PRO edition, you can use the ashCmd.exe program. Please note that even in the home edition, you should be able to detect all the malware by using the on-access scanner.
4. OK, thanks, we'll consider it...

Hope this helps,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

darrenjamesw

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2003, 03:04:06 AM »
I also use Get Right and the Home version of Avast!. I used the ashquick.exe program. This seems to work alright (meaning sometimes it works and sometimes it just doesn't run)

Offline Roman Svihalek

• Avast team
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2003, 04:20:13 PM »
Can you describe in more details following sentences? I used the ashquick.exe program. This seems to work alright (meaning sometimes it works and sometimes it just doesn't run)
What happenes on your system when invoking it?