Author Topic: Won't renew my subscription  (Read 5796 times)

ShionKreth

Won't renew my subscription
« on: June 23, 2012, 10:12:40 PM »
Was sent the license file and entered it, the program said it accepted it but it clearly hasn't, and still tells me my subscription is going to expire today, that was yesterday. I waited a day with no answer to my urgent support ticket and then tried entering the license file in again and again it said it accepted it but it's still telling me my subscription ends today, complete with harrassing popups. What do I do? I want to ensure I still have all 3 uses of my license. I am about to be without protection for my pc and am getting very frustrated with whatever bug this is and the lack of support.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Won't renew my subscription
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 10:15:54 PM »
- Which avast!..?? (Free/Pro/IS)
- Which version..??
- OS..?? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP..?)
- Other security related software installed..??
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

ShionKreth

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 11:25:05 PM »
One way or another it should be an issue within the program, having no external element aside from their license key. I'm running windows 7, 64 bit, internet security suite, version 7, no other security software including windows firewall/anti-malware/etc turned off. Not my first time renewing, last year there was no problem on this machine, this os.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 11:28:14 PM »
1. Download avast! Internet Security: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_internet_security_setup.exe
2. Follow instructions: http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility (Run this tool for all prior installed avast! versions..!!)
3. Reinstall avast! with the downloaded installer from point 1.
4. Reboot.
5. https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1095
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

ShionKreth

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 11:32:36 PM »
Why am I uninstalling it? It's their license meant for their updated program, and I have no intention of entering it again only to find out that's the third use of my key for my subscription without being reassured that's not going to be the case.

Jack 1000

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 11:33:19 PM »
One way or another it should be an issue within the program, having no external element aside from their license key. I'm running windows 7, 64 bit, Internet security suite, version 7, no other security software including windows firewall/anti-malware/etc turned off. Not my first time renewing, last year there was no problem on this machine, this os.

If I understand correctly,

You said you were sent the license key.  So I presume that you are going through the e-mail form/off-line registration process?  What happens when you open up Avast's GUI or right-click on the Avast Ball in the system tray and try to register through the program? (The traditional registration through the Program?)  What is the error message that you see in the program Interface when you try to re-register the license key?

Jack

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 11:34:48 PM »
Why am I uninstalling it?

Because we're doing a clean reinstall.

ShionKreth

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 11:46:26 PM »
One way or another it should be an issue within the program, having no external element aside from their license key. I'm running windows 7, 64 bit, Internet security suite, version 7, no other security software including windows firewall/anti-malware/etc turned off. Not my first time renewing, last year there was no problem on this machine, this os.

If I understand correctly,

You said you were sent the license key.  So I presume that you are going through the e-mail form/off-line registration process?  What happens when you open up Avast's GUI or right-click on the Avast Ball in the system tray and try to register through the program? (The traditional registration through the Program?)  What is the error message that you see in the program Interface when you try to re-register the license key?

Jack

No, nothing off-line, when I go through the program, which I have, it asks me if I'm sure I want to apply this subscription, and then it says it's successfully added the license, however, it doesn't seem to have as it still assures me my subscription runs out today.

ShionKreth

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 12:02:01 AM »
Or maybe it was, I restarted and it said for the first time I ever noticed that I was not connected through any account, so now I am I guess, but am hesitant to put the kye in again, but maybe that was the problem?

ShionKreth

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 12:05:21 AM »
Or maybe I'll just call my credit card and go with a different company. :P I made my account, authenticated it, it tell me I still have to authenticate it, so say resend the authentication e-mail, then they tell me an unexpected error occured on the server. :P This is not filling me with faith.
Oh, and the authentication link already in my e-mail just tells me that link has expired, things are clearly not running very smoothly.

SafeSurf

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 09:37:21 AM »
@ ShionKreth,

The reason Asyn was having you do a clean install is because v.7 works differently from prior versions.  It sounds like you've been with Avast for a while, so you may have been upgrading and have previous versions on your machine.  Therefore to help problem-solve, Asyn gave you the Avast Uninstall Tool, and you need to uninstall ALL previous versions you had on each machine and reboot in between, then reinstall the new version, reboot...then insert the new key given to you while online.  I know this seems like a lot of work, but it really goes rather quickly.  The new version of Avast is much stronger.  Please let us know how this works and how we can assist.  Thank you.