Author Topic: Site blocking...  (Read 6417 times)

Offline GaskOne

Site blocking...
« on: July 11, 2012, 07:00:59 AM »
Just tried your "site blocking" protection.
Its all good but I have find some things lacking. 
Idea is quite simple. Its more like, parental control. There are allot of parents worried about how much time their children are spending by playing games online or how long they are staying on social networks. Many people that I personally know have lost a year  in high school just because of not knowing when to stop hanging on "facebook". Thats why I am wandering about this.

Could you make some blocked site accessible for an hour or two daily (preset time in option under personal password) and after that time expire avast could just block the site like its usually doing.

Think about it and let me know xD

Offline 007hippy

Re: Site blocking...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 11:41:30 PM »
If you go on CNET under parental control you will find many applications that you can buy/use that do what you have suggested. This could be temporary till AVAST creates a application.

Offline CraigB

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 07:25:08 AM »
Avast is a security application and not a social watchdog so i doubt if this feature would ever be included, avast is able to block sites but there is no way it will choose what hours to allow access.

You are better off looking for parental control applications as that is what they are designed for.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 01:48:38 PM »
You can do parental control with www.k9webprotection.com for free. Many categories of sites could be blocked. It's flexible. It has time limit, but not for just one site.
The best things in life are free.