Author Topic: License File Interrupted  (Read 19279 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: License File Interrupted
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 02:40:14 PM »
Unfortunately not using the AIS version I haven't come across this new network found. But presumably having first installed any network detection will be a new network.

It might help (for those others with AIS, perhaps they can then help) if you give any information on that new network or attach a screenshot of the new network found screen.

I would certainly browse the avastUI, Support, Program Help - Firewall settings and see if this new network can be accepted in the network profiles.

I think flipping from clean install of AIS to free and update to AIS isn't helping resolve what the real problem is (just perhaps confusing it). Setting the Firewall  security level to Home/Low risk not the default Work.

You should also be able to allow your browsers/programs access to the internet using the Process Control settings.

All of the above information I have gleaned from the avastUI, Support, Program Help.
WinXP ProSP3/ Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ avast! free 18.5.2342/ Firefox ESR, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ DropMyRights/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 19.6.2383 (build: 19.6.4546.508)/ WinPatrol+/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ WinPatrol+/

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 06:11:50 AM »
Thanks for the info but I have given up on the firewall and installed AIS without it.  I will use Outpost firewall instead.  I never got any options and no matter what I did it blocked my browsers.  Also upon installing AIS my computer crashes everytime.  I thought it was only when the quick scan ran but the last install I did (and final install I might add) I stopped the quick scan but it still crashed.  So it is installed now, all modules are running and now I'm running a quick scan.  I'll see how it goes from here.

Cheers,
Janice
I love this forum, with all its extremely knowledgeable personnel!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 11:23:07 AM »
I would suggest that you take a look at these images and see if there are any relevant to the problem - Avast! Internet Security Screenshots http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Avast-Internet-Security-Screenshot-145381.html
WinXP ProSP3/ Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ avast! free 18.5.2342/ Firefox ESR, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ DropMyRights/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 19.6.2383 (build: 19.6.4546.508)/ WinPatrol+/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ WinPatrol+/

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 03:21:15 PM »
HI DavidR,

Thanks for the great info you have provided.  I have checked out & bookmarked the link.  I will go through each screenshot and check it against my set-up of Avast.  For now, I'm leaving the firewall off.  I looked at the screenshot for the Firewall, I also had auto decide but the only open connection I ever showed was Skype and Firefox and Explorer never ever showed.  I will give it some time (when I'm less frustrated) and then try again.

I'm truly grateful that you care enough to help those of us who really, really need the help.

Thanks again,
Janice

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 03:26:13 PM »
You're welcome.

Only sorry I couldn't be more practical help (not using AIS).

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 04:49:11 PM »
Hi DavidR,

You have been a great help. :) I just want to say that I did request a refund and thought I would go back to the free version & I did get a response to my request  from Sales for a refund but (because of the info you provided and because I love Avast & all the help I get from the forums) I have decided to stay with AIS.  As stated above I will stay with Outpost Firewall for now til I have more time to set AIS firewall up properly.

Cheers,
Janice
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:57:49 PM by nanajana »