Author Topic: Real-time Web shield behaviour  (Read 2198 times)

CodeVisio

Real-time Web shield behaviour
« on: June 23, 2012, 08:24:19 AM »
Hi,

it's hard to explain but this is what happens:

at random way during the day, a minute ago I'm browsing the web normally, a minute after my browser are unable to load the page.
The web sites are safe. After waiting for some minutes all activity come back normally.
But, instead, If I disable the real-time web shield when the problem occurr, all browsing activity come back normal.

Any help?

Thanks

UPDATE: sorry I forgot to say my architecture.

Win7, 64 bit, Firefox.
All updates are done.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:01:50 AM by CodeVisio »

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Real-time Web shield behaviour
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 04:35:36 PM »
welcome to the forum. we need a bit more information of you if we are gonna help you the best way. witch version of Firefox are you using + witch version of avast free/pro/suite?

any other security programs on your computer like a third party firewall that could blocking the browser to get access to the net?

you could try a repair of avast and see if that could help.

go to control panel/ add remove programs/ hit avast. From there hit remove and then repair.

good luck
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

CodeVisio

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 04:43:46 PM »
Hi,

thanks for your answer.

I usually keep updates all programs I use avery day. So firefox, avast (free) and others are all update to the last version available and eventually with last database.
Yes, I have a firewall (not windows one, comodo) but I don't think it is involved. However, the next time the problem will appear again I'll disable it.
Before a certain date in the past (I don't remember which) all work fine, after that date this problem started to appear.
However, the problem is not constantly present neither it appears at particular time in the day. I could browse for the entire morning without problem for example.

I'll try the repair option.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 05:34:20 PM »
Generally I wouldn't say your firewall is involved in the way mikaelrask is thinking. If the firewall happens to be blocking the avastSvc.exe (for the web shield localhost proxy), then that would block all http traffic (internet apparently blocked). However it wouldn't be an intermittent/inconsistent issue, you would either be able to connect all or none of the time. But it wouldn't hurt to ensure avastSvc.exe is allowed internet permission, if it is delete the rule and allow comodo to ask permission again when you connect to the internet.

So there would be something else in the mix, what that is I'm not sure.

I would say that you may have another issue (unrelated) in that the comodo firewall can't determine what program is using the web shield proxy. This could have the effect of programs that you have rules for in comodo firewall to block them. If they are accessing the internet using the http protocol then they would be redirected through the web shield proxy, so they would appear to ignore your rule.

I don't know if there are any programs that you block in this way that might break the rule because they are redirected through the web shield localhost proxy.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security