Author Topic: Anyway to disable the "You've got basic protection. Should you have more?"  (Read 5625 times)

Offline EmoHobo

I see that everytime my antivirus updates and it takes up about 1/4th of the bottom corner of my screen, any way to to only make it show the update information like it used to?

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
You might want to read here. -> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=99970.0
There is a lengthy discussion regarding this.

Offline EmoHobo

Thank you for the link, but I don't want to discuss if the nag screen is a good idea or a bad idea, I just want to know if I can disable it.

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
nope, it is not possible if u want to be notified about updates. its a trial run by avast to see user response to the new advertisement. this advertisement maybe adjusted based on forum users' feedback.

however, turning off update notifications might work. it is under settings -> updates -> details -> (un-check 'show notification box after automatic update')
please note i have not tried it out if this method removes the ad. do note that u will not be informed if ur avast is updated when u change this setting.

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
Thank you for the link, but I don't want to discuss if the nag screen is a good idea or a bad idea, I just want to know if I can disable it.

I don't think anyone thinks it's a good idea.
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

SafeSurf

You can change the time the pop-up is displayed by going into the GUI > Settings > Popups > and change the time you want the popup to display.  This will minimize the time you see it and perhaps help a bit.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Some who have previously seen it (I haven't) are reporting the auto update notification popup is back to normal.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline EmoHobo

Some who have previously seen it (I haven't) are reporting the auto update notification popup is back to normal.
Still there for me.

Offline EmoHobo

This has returned for me, after being gone for awhile, it actually seems a bit bigger now and shows up on a good majority of updates.

norel

Just disable the update slider and periodically check your definition version manually. Easiest fix I know of.

Offline EmoHobo

I haven't disabled anything but I'm not seeing any update pop ups, but I seem to be updating just fine, I used Eicar and tested that viruses still cause pop ups, but no update pop ups all day despite getting that one for Eicar.