Author Topic: AEA Computer Catalog Properties - Custom INI Settings  (Read 3157 times)

HomeNet

AEA Computer Catalog Properties - Custom INI Settings
« on: August 29, 2012, 02:54:22 PM »
Hello, again!  I'm trying to do something really simple - I hope.  In the Computer Catalog's properties, in AEA (v7.0.223), I'm trying to set the popup duration for the various popups my clients get.  So far, the only one I've bee able to change is the blue one (general info).  Below is what I have typed into the Custom INI Settings box.

Code: [Select]
[Common]
PopupDurationBlue=2
PopupDurationRed=10
PopupDurationGreen=2
PopupDurationOrange=10

If I open up the GUI on one of my clients, I can see the how PopupDurationBlue=2 has affected the setting.  Also, if I open up %programdata%\AVAST Software\Avast\avast5.ini, I can do a search for PopupDuration and I can see several instances of PopupDurationBlue=2.  One is around line 179 in the Common section and it reads: PopupDurationBlue=2.  The other is around line 479 and it reads: IniFile0=Common PopupDurationBlue     2.  The other values never show up.

MarKvi

Re: AEA Computer Catalog Properties - Custom INI Settings
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 04:13:31 PM »
It is limitation of the current version,where only one setting can be changed at a time. So you currently you cannot change all properties at once, but you have to do it one by one. We already improved that, so with the new upcoming version you will be able to change them all at once.