Author Topic: Unable to register  (Read 30556 times)

galooma

Re:Unable to register
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2005, 12:46:07 PM »
This is from the avast website
To use the Home Edition, you should register it. After the installation you have 60 days to do the registration. The registration process is very easy and will take you only a couple of minutes.
im sorry im not more familiar with it but its a while since i was there
im hoping someone who is can jump in here and bring more light perhaps  

darkcat

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2005, 01:12:11 PM »
I did not get the 60 days, or (thus far) a working registration.

Perhaps Monday.

galooma

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2005, 01:18:13 PM »
unfortunately the one thing i cannot provide you with is the one thing you most need and that is a working validation key but i can only assure you this is a very good program and normally there are several people who know the program inside out and give their time willingly just to help people in your situation.
i ask that you come back soon and give avast a second chance as im sure you wont regret it

guidobyte

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2005, 01:19:27 PM »
hello and happy new year 2005

i have got the same problem, i couldnĀ“t start avast 4 home, because i have got an invalid key and couldnĀ“t enter it :(
can someone help me, because i need a runing antivirus software!

skydiver43

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2005, 01:31:59 PM »
Ok it seems that I am having the same problem. I tried to enter my key and it comes up as an invalid key. Will I have to reapply for a new key? Is this caused because of the new year?

galooma

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2005, 01:43:37 PM »
i would suggest to any of you wanting reg /validation keys to check back here every couple of hours and hopefully there will be an announcement that this problem is corrected.
Given that its now in the early hours of new years day in Czech i doubt it will happen in the immediate future.

darkcat

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2005, 01:45:11 PM »
Given the time where the publisher is, I would say that the only people who could help are on holiday.  For some reason, that is not in any way a surprise - given that this is new years day, after all.

Chef

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2005, 01:48:33 PM »
My reaction maybe overkill, but I encounter the same problem...
Seems that the key-program is spitting out the wrong keys.

Precious

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2005, 02:17:28 PM »
good day to you all, pinch punch excetera excetera!

I am having the same problem as darkcat,  I cannot go into the 60 day demo, it won't let me.

I have a 'slight' threat trojan, funweb, that needs to be removed from my system restore, Trend Housecall (who I've always used) is unable to detect it or remove it.

I would be v grateful if someone could let me know asap what is going on.  Everybody I know recommends this product to me so the slight hitch is not a problem, however the wait is.

BTW what is a pb? cos apparently I have an amazing one? see above x

Fourthdog

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2005, 02:25:25 PM »
Well I'm not the only one!
Ginblossom, I will try once again with Avast because a friend of mine said that it works well, but I have to say that this problem is a little boring.
I will retry further on, maybe monday because as some of you said, today it is holiday and people is not expected to work.

Bye bye

galooma

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2005, 02:29:25 PM »
hi precious and welcome back
cant say what niko was on about with the pb ,maybe you profile got to him and he couldnt type for a second???
as for the val keys well i think iv`e said it all already
fun web products isa different story and as its adware , A/V probably wouldnt help you
can you go here http://hijackthis.de/downloads/ and get a copy of this utility, generate a log ,then paste it into a post here and we will be able to fix it for you, or show you how

Just re-read you post and if its in sys restore you can just disable it (conrol panel /system/system restore/turn off/apply) then re-activate and it should be gone
« Last Edit: January 01, 2005, 02:33:25 PM by ginblossom »

Precious

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2005, 02:33:03 PM »
Thank you Ginblossom

It looks like 2005 is not going to be a good year lol

Tried the link and got this message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /downloads/ on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at hijackthis.de Port 80

galooma

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2005, 02:37:14 PM »
try this link http://hijackthis.de/index.php?langselect=english
it may not be nessesary though if infection is only in sys-restore
see previous post

Beaky

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2005, 02:39:23 PM »
Precious,

Try this link http://www.pchell.com/support/spyware.shtml , half way down the page they have a several links for the removal of Fun Ware products.  Hope this helps :)

Precious

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2005, 02:48:20 PM »
Thanks Beaky

That'll be my next job,

Right I've downloaded hijack this (very interesting and helpful product) and apparently this little file is the problem!

O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/nocache/funwebproducts/ei/SmileyCentralFWBInitialSe tup1.0.0.8.cab

does it make any sense to you Ginblossom?